[ 𝟎𝟏𝟏 ] 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

_______________________________

𝐘/𝐧

I woke up to feel a blanket on my chest. I looked up to see Five peacefully asleep. It was dusk at this point and the sun was coming down. I lifted myself up into a sitting position and reached over to the bottle of vodka I was drinking and downed some of it.

"You're gonna pass out again," Five murmured now waking up.

"I didn't pass out." Five gave me a look and I shook my head, continuing to drink until he took it out of my hand. "Hey. . ." I reached towards it. "Why'd you do that?"

"We need to stay focused."

I crossed my arms and flopped back against the door, acting like a little child. Five snickered as he grabbed the packet of cigarettes from the dash board and took one out, lighting it and started to smoke. As pay back, I took the cigarette from him and placed it into my mouth.

"The hell was that for?"

I smiled sweetly. "If I can't drink, you can't smoke. So this," I inhale smoke, placing the cigarette in between my fingers and breath out straight into his face. "is mine." Five chuckled.

He slowly started to lean close to me and slowly back me up to the door. We were inches—no, centimeters apart. His eye gaze kept shifting as he snickered, leaning back up and placed the cigarette into his mouth.

"What the hell?" I gasped. "How'd you. . ." Five shook his head.

"Not telling ya." I rolled my eyes looked out the window.

Maybe hanging out with him isn't that bad. But, I can't get too distracted. We have two missions at hand right now.

The apocalypse is one.

Finding him is the other.

☂︎

We were sitting in the van in front of Lance's job for a couple hours. It was nighttime now and we finished all the candy, smoked many cigarettes. We played a couple rounds of sticks—me winning all of them without using my power—and had just gotten bored at this point.

"You know, you don't have to tell me that. I already know there's 6 days left," Five tells Delores while I just look out the window. "Yeah, you got a better idea? Okay, then." I notice Lance come out the front door of the Lab and I hit Five's chest, motioning towards Lance coming out of the building.

"There's our guy." A car approaches Lance, he hands the driver a duffel bag which the guy in return gives him a smaller bag then drives off while Lance walks  down the sidewalk the other direction.

"What the hell is he up to?" Five rhetorically asks. He was about to grab my hand when I felt something was off.

"Hold on. I'm gonna head home, I have a bad feeling about something, but right after, I'll come back, okay?"

"Okay, be safe," Five said, spacial jumping away.

☂︎

I went back at the academy to see the doors wide open and the lock pushed out. I turn around and see a blue unfamiliar car sitting in front of the house. Walking inside, I see Vanya coming down the stairs.

"Guys? Is everyone ok?" she takes notice of me. "Y/n, what are you doing here?"

I walk up to her. "Something felt off, so I came back to check on everything."