The desire to be understood➪𝟷𝟼

Opening the curtains, my eyes set upon the woeful weather. The miserable, grey clouds suffocated the blue sky, the sad rain dampened the dark green grass whilst the obnoxious wind chilled the anguished atmosphere.

I've lived on Faustus street ever since my little sister Rin was born 13 years ago, and my current school, Chanwell High, is only a 15 minute walk or 5 minute bus ride. In the town of Chanwell everyone knows Faustus street, and most wouldn't even dare to dream of being wealthy enough to live here.

Exactly 20 mansions are littered along the long road, each home looking more different and rich than the last. My house, which is at the end of the road, is guarded by a black, steel gate. Despite there only being 4 of us in the family we have 8 bedrooms all together.

Laying on my bed I chatted away with Jo on the phone, "Have you done the homework for Maths?" Jo asked casually.

"Yes," I replied rolling my eyes, I already knew what she was going to ask for.

"Can you send it to me? Pretty please," she pleaded shamelessly.

"You should do it on your own once in a while..." I advised her, acknowledging that it was helpless and that she would never actually attempt to do homework on her own.

"I tried this time! I really did!" She lied, I giggled as I grabbed my maths book on my desk and took a picture of the answers then I sent it to her via Snapchat.

Not long after, we finished our conversation and ended our call. I sighed as I sat on my bed and stared into my mirror that was placed on the cream wall. The mirror was at a great distance from me. My eyesight wasn't the best, I couldn't see well from such a far distance yet I could tell I looked fatigued. My curly hair was carelessly tied into a messy bun, I was wearing an oversized grey hoodie and grey sweatpants with white, bunny slippers on. I grabbed my glasses which were on my bedside table and placed them on my face.

What was Roselina doing?

That thought surged my mind without a warning. Why do I always think about her? How has she possessed my one track mind? I grab my phone once more and clicked onto her contact and began to message her;
Lina, when do you want your next lesson to be? I'm free tomorrow if you're down. Bring your English and maths books.

Thoughtlessly, I sent the text and despite what went down between us I was certain she would reply because that's just how Roselina is. The knowledge of this made me feel slightly guilty which was not a common emotion for me.

Needing a distraction, I was feeling slightly peckish and ran down the long, curved, fancy stairs to grab something to eat. I hopped off the last step and landed onto the white marble floor. Walking along the hallway I hummed and made my way to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a juicy red apple. A whiff of dirt and wet grass danced on my nose. What is that smell? I turned around, only to be faced with the perpetrator...

My little sister.

Rin looked very different from me but she was undeniably beautiful nonetheless. Despite her resting bitch face which suited her personality perfectly, she held such captivating beauty which made it hard to look away from her. Like me, she had wavy locks however hers were orange and more defined. Her eyebrows followed a darker shade of orange which bewitchingly contrasted with her feline green eyes. She had tanned skin however instead of a brown tan like mine hers was more peachy and freckled. She had light pink lips which were full and plump, her nose took on a similar shape to mine but hers was slightly wider. However, it still fell under the "small nose" category.

Biting into the apple I criticised my 13 year old sister who was covered in mud and grass,
"you stink." I commented whilst she glared at me.

"I was playing football with Nathan and his friends then it began to rain." She replied with an attitude, placing her navy blue duffel bag onto the floor.