The desire that warms my heart➪𝟹𝟼

Tw: this chapter talks about rape, trauma and homophobia.
---------
It has been three weeks since my entire family found out that I had a girlfriend, it has also been three weeks since I've last spoken to my very own mother. The woman who gave fucking birth to me! In fact, my mother isn't talking to my dad either because he's "endorsing this outrageous behaviour". At first my dad tried to reason with her but somewhere along the fifth day he gave up and criticised her for being immature.

Rin and my dad have been nothing but supportive of me, I would expect this from Rin but my dad? That took me by surprise. When I told Jo, Sophie and Lina everything that occurred with my family they weren't entirely sure how to react, neither was I. Lina thinks I should just give my mother some time to get over herself, Sophie thinks my mother is a bitch and Jo threatened to come over and punch the ignoramus out of her.

Checking my phone, I noticed notifications from a group chat called "Jo's peasants".

Jo's peasants
Jo: hey lesbos
Sophie: wtf is this name
Lina ♡︎: oh hi
Jo: hey
Sophie: I'm changing the group chat name
Jo: no ur not
Sophie: I don't like it
Lina♡︎: can you both shut up
Jo: where's Iris?
𝚂𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 "𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜"

Four hoes
Jo: this is a shit name
Sophie: fuck off
Lina♡︎:can you both fuck off! I'm trying to watch a movie
Me: hey
Lina♡︎: hey bae! Are you okay?
Jo: you are so fucking two faced. Why are you only nice to her?
Sophie: hey Iris
Me: what's this? And yeah im okay, wbu
Lina♡︎: im fine :)
Jo: a group chat cuz it's easier to talk to the gang this way.

"Gang..." I mumbled under my breath. Were we a group? Am I friends with Sophie now? Are Jo and Lina friends? I've been here the entire time but it felt like I missed an entire step of the journey.

Me: oh okay
Sophie: It's finally half term again!
Jo: yeah let's all meet up on Valentine's Day.
Lina♡︎: no I wanna spend time with Iris alone.
Jo: stfu
Lina♡︎: besties <3!
Jo: ew no
Lina♡︎: you know you love me
Jo: ...no
Sophie: stop flirting
Jo: ew!
Lina♡︎: don't say that shit again

I giggled, "idiots."

Lina♡︎: let's all go to mine then
Sophie: cool
Jo: drop the addy
Me: k
Lina♡︎: 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚝𝚊𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠.
Jo: cool
Sophie: Iris!!!!!
Me: what?
Sophie: you barely talk
Me:...bye
Sophie: this is why I dont like you
Me: okay?
Lina♡︎: you say that but you were so worried about her this last week plus you do like Iris cuz when i asked you, you said and I quote " shes not that bad anymore" so dont lie!
Sophie: ...this is why Jo doesnt like you
Lina♡︎: meanie

Setting my phone aside, I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen only to lock eyes with my sad excuse of a mother. We both stood there and stared at one another in utter silence, exchanging blank glances until my mother walked past me as if I didn't even exist.

It shouldn't hurt this much. I hate her, she's a shit mother, she's not supportive and she's judgemental! But still at the end of the day... She's supposed to be there for me and we are supposed to have a bond, unconditional love and all that soppy shit.