The desire to love myself➪𝟹𝟶

The school week passed by like flying colours and now I was sat on my bed in a white towel, drying my light brown locks. Since my hair had grown a lot longer, it has become less loose and sits between a curly-wavy pattern.

After I was done, I dropped my towel and analysed my body in the mirror in front of me. My abs were long gone by now and despite still having a flat belly, I knew that my mother would criticise me if she saw me in a crop top. I gained a little weight but it was nothing to fret about.

As I changed into a pair of grey jogging bottoms, a white vest top and tied my hair into a low bun, I made my way downstairs.

DING DONG.

That must be her.

Rushing down the fancy curved stairs, I checked the security camera to see who was outside my gate.

It was Sophie.

Pressing the button which opens the gate, I left the door ajar as I waited for the yellow haired girl to reach the house.

"Come in." I welcomed her inside as I stood by the doorway.

"You're house is massive!" Sophie exclaimed as her green orbs travelled anywhere and everywhere in sight.

Sophie had her golden hair tied into a low ponytail, she was wearing light blue jeans and a grey long sleeved shirt.

"Let's go to my room," I stated as I walked off, leaving her to trail behind me.

On the way to my bedroom we bumped into Rin,
"Oh, hi." Sophie awkwardly greeted my little sister.

"Hey," Rin simply said in return as she stared devotedly at her phone, barely even glancing at the girl in front of her.

Sophie probably felt uncomfortable, we barely knew each other, in fact we disliked one another but now she's was in my house.

We entered my bedroom, "It's kinda funny that you came to my house before Lina did." I commented as I fell onto my bed. Sophie decided to sit on the white seat that was placed under my desk,

"Really?"

"Yeah, but to be honest I wouldn't want Lina to come here," I admitted.

"Why's that?" Sophie asked, I didn't feel like answering her question so I just changed the subject.

"About Jo," I began to speak, "if you like her then you should probably just tell her."

"If only it were that easy..." Sophie responded, seemingly down.

"Why? You don't think she's into you?" I had to hide my little grin as I said that, it's not like I could just tell her that Jo liked her too. It would be much easier that way but yet again, it's not my place to say anything.

"How did you realise I liked Jo?" Sophie asked meanwhile, I was laying down on my bed and scrolling through my phone.

"Um, it just kinda clicked when we got locked in that classroom," I revealed, "everything started to make sense. I thought you probably hated me because you thought I'd end up harming Lina and that might be have had played some part in it...But when Lina accused Jo of liking me, you're reaction seemed so off. At first it was like a random thought, a "what if". After a while it all began to make sense, especially when you said that I wasn't a good friend to Jo."

Sophie responded with an "oh" and we resonated in the silence for a while.

"Okay, you want to change,right?" Sophie spoke out,
"Yeah," I placed my phone beside me and sat up, awaiting for her input.