The desire that angers me ➪𝟸

"Hello, my name is Roselina , people usually call me Rose. Please treat me well."

Her delicate voice lingered in the air like a bell that had just rung. She smiled gently at the class and my eyes followed her as she slowly walked towards her seat. I watched as her long, dark, brunette hair, which reached her lower back, swayed as elegantly as a ballerina.

"She's really cute," I thought to myself. I was swiftly brought to reality when I became aware that my staring wasn't normal.

I didn't even realise how hard I was staring at her until she left my sight. Now everything seemed slightly dull again...

"Excuse me" a petite voice called from the back of the classroom. The sweet voice that I could listen to all day...The sweet voice that made my stomach ache.

"Yes Rose?" The teacher answered in a friendly manner.

"I can't really see" She stated, "My eye sight isn't the best and my view is blocked."

Mrs Mogi looked around the room, searching for an answer as fast as possible. There. Our eyes met. The realisation didn't hit me fast enough yet left a bruise.
"Sit next to Iris, nobody is there."

My eyes widen as I desperately, without allowing myself a second to breath, screeched, "No!"

The class fell silent and my loud voice which ended on a high pitch loitered and girded the atmosphere like a rotten smell. The words that escaped my mouth too quickly for me to capture and entrap, had caused such a painfully an awkward air within the room.

"I mean...Sorry." I look towards my right hand side and am faced with Roselina, our eyes meet and retract quickly. I face towards her again, taking in her gentle features. She looked...sad. "Sorry," I apologise again, "I've always liked sitting by myself, you can sit here too. I guess."

I couldn't face her as I forced that apology out my mouth. I really don't want to sit next to her.

"It's okay..." she shyly accepted my apology. She sat down, seemingly intimidated. Her lips quivered slightly almost as if she had heard the most devastating news, she bit on her lip, her eyes were yet to water yet I was sure they'd overflow soon.

Oh fuck this!

I just want to sit by myself, it's not something to cry over.

"I said I didn't want to sit next to you, I didn't threaten you or insult you. Stop making a face like you want to cry, this is the nicest I get." I whisper to her coldly.

I was so irritated. Distaste latched onto my tastebuds, keeping a firm and unmoving grip. My nose flared in some sort disgust and I exhaled deeply in annoyance. Something about this girl enrages me...She seems so weak, so fragile. How spoilt must she have been her entire life to look so sad over something as minuscule as a stranger not wanting to sit next to her? I wish I could just-

"Okay."

Her unwavering voice, now more forward and confident, lacking any concern or evidence of former intimidation, answered me clearly.

"I wasn't going to cry... I was kind of sad because I noticed you and wanted to get to know you a little. You seemed like a nice person to know but I guess I'll keep my distance."

Me? I seemed nice? My whole presence screams "Big Bitch". How the fuck can she say that so simply? With the way she smiled half heartedly in my face, you'd think I broke her heart. Broke it? No. You'd think that I dug my fingernails into her pale chest, sunk them deeply into her unblemished skin as blood drew slowly but painfully nonetheless, brutally ripping her heart and barbarously tearing it to shreds.

"I just need to sit closer to the front, I'm sorry." She apologised.

Hilarious. Hil-fucking-arious.