The desire to change (part 2) ➪𝟸𝟿

"We're locked in." I whispered whilst keeping my eyes wide open.

"What?" Sophie exclaimed, running towards the door, pushing and pulling with all her might only to be met by a stubborn door refused to open.

"For fuck sake..." Jo moaned under her breath as they rubbed their forehead in frustration, "we can just call someone."

Yeah, it's that easy...Right?

We all stared at Jo who looked back at us bemusedly,
"What are you staring at me for?"

"Are you going to call anyone or not?" I asked plainly.

Taking out her red iPhone from the inside of her blazer pocket, she presented a black screen and waved her phone around, "I told you, it's dead!"

At this moment, we weren't entirely hopeless, seeing as there were three other options. Sophie rolled her eyes and started going through each pocket in her blazer but couldn't find her phone. She walked over to the back of the classroom and picked up her bag. Searching through her bag, her body suddenly froze as she remembered something seemingly important.

"Rose, I left my phone in your bag. Can you give it to me so I can call Sienna or Adrienne ? They live close from here." Sophie reminded Lina, Lina began to walk to the back of the class until she unexpectedly stopped somewhere within the middle.

"My bag is outside..."

Comprehending our bad luck, Jo became furious,
"Why did you leave your bag outside?" She shouted.

"I didn't mean to!" Lina rightfully defended herself, "I didn't know we'd be caught in this predicament, also I put my bag down for a second. You pushed us all in without giving me a chance to grab it!"

Jo was about to make another argument however was quickly cut off when Sophie pointed out that there was still another option.

"Iris you have your phone, right? Why don't you just call one of your friends to quickly go to the office and tell them we were locked in?" She suggested, I nodded my head and took out my white iPhone which was protected by a clear phone case, Sophie scoffed and smirked a little.

I unlocked my phone and went through my contacts only to be slapped in the face with a jarring reality.

I have no friends.

Sure, I was popular but that doesn't mean shit when you don't like the people who cling onto you shamelessly. I was never even bothered to get their numbers and when they asked for mine, I'd simply ignore them or I'd lie that I had no room left in my phone for that.

In this moment, I had really wished I'd gotten at least a few of their numbers but I just didn't want to be bothered by their unwanted bitch talk.

I stood extremely still for a moment and began to produce an awkward laugh.

"So are you going to call someone or not?" Sophie rose her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"You see I would..." I began to speak as they all eagerly awaited for me to finish my sentence, "but I have nobody to call."

"What do you mean you have nobody to call? Don't you have like 50 people you could call? There's so many people who follow you relentlessly but you're saying that you can't call them?" Sophie was restraining her voice to avoid shouting which in turn made her sound extremely passive aggressive.