29. Hopelessly Devoted

"Captain, we need you on deck."

You groan in annoyance, dragging yourself out of bed. "Someone better be dying," when you made your way to the upper floor you didn't expect to see someone drenched in seawater and coughing up violently. "We found her floating on a piece of scrap wood." Val pats the woman's back, offering her some space to breathe.

"Well well Val, I didn't know you play a hero in your free time~" you jest, taking a few steps closer to the woman. "She looks familiar..." you place a hand on your chin, eyes growing wide the moment you saw her pink hair and plump lips. "Ah now I remember. Tie her up, that's Charlotte Lola." you ordered.

Taking prisoners isn't something you guys usually do, but this is an exception because you honestly didn't know what to do with the girl. Just lazily tie Lola's hands in front of her and keep her inside your cabin, specifically on a comfy couch. 

"What are you gonna do to me?" she frantically looks back and forth. You hold a plate of food and a cup of water for her, placing it on a tiny coffee table in front of her.

"We'll drop you off at an island outside of Toto land, there's port so you can go one way and we'll go another." you casually explain, taking a seat on a barrel in front of the couch.

"That's a relief, for a moment I thought I was a goner." Lola accepts the water despite her tied hands in front of her.

"Even if I'm not on good terms with your mom, I don't have a bone to pick with you guys... Plus, jellybean would have my head if I lay a hand on you." you take a drink from your own cup, ignorant of Lola's thoughtful expression. 

"Jellybean? I don't have a brother named... oh! Are you talking about Katakuri?" You choke on your drink after realizing Lola figured you out, coughing up while the sister started rambling happily. "I would've known you two had something going on! he would always try to keep tabs on fighting you. And now you give each other nicknames? It makes so much sense. Love blooming on opposite sides, Ahh~ it's so romantic." Lola chimes like a lovesick school girl. 

"Whoa whoa slow down, we're not a thing!" you palm your face, unconsciously groaning into it. "Welp, time to drop you in the ocean again." you joke, even pretending to stand up and keep your word.

"Hey it's nothing to feel embarrassed about. I think it's really cute, I can't wait to marry my true love too!"

"Lola he isn't my 'true love'," you hold two fingers in air quotations. "We're just two dudes kicking each other's asses for fun, I doubt there's any room for love or marriage there." you try to explain, but Lola already made up her mind. 

"Oh come on, don't tell me you've at least thought about it once~?" The pink haired woman smiled knowingly at you, taking note at the way you looked away longingly. The domestic life isn't something you actively chased for, believing it isn't meant for someone like you, but during those times Katakuri would visit your bakery. It made you feel like you had an ordinary life. "Maybe one or two times, but then things became too messy... " uncertainty creeps up your spine. Feeling it grew bigger when you realized Lola was eyeing you attentively. "Enjoy your food." you stand up for real this time, already halfway opening the door until Lola spoke up.

"It's not something you should feel afraid of miss thief." For a split second you thought she was making fun of you, but her voice is sweet and genuinely kind.