5. Like A Rabbit

A/n: The fight is still the same, but the way they see eachother is the main difference. I want them to grow to like eachother instead of reader automatically liking kata and viceversa with the reader's baker self.

_____

"Prepare the cannons and contact the sweet commanders!" Was the last thing the big mom pirates said before they were overrun by a group of masked thieves, they dressed in rugged and worn out dark clothing, almost like ordinary bandits if it wasn't for the colorful carnival masks on their face.

The big mom pirates were seized and tied up, a few were killed while those that gave up were spared. Either way, they were outmatched with the help of their leader, a pufferfish Fishman dual-wielding a pair of blades in each hand. His back is dark gray with light tones in front, a cigar on his lips, a dark blue bandanna on his forehead and a matching sash tied around his black surfer shorts. He eyed the seized ship and the tied up pirate staff, a grin curving up behind his own mask.

"Call our transportation, let's take their cargo before the surveillance tarts show up."

"Yes sir!" the thieves followed command. One of them pulling out a den den mushi while the rest keep watch and retrieve the goods. Three of them went to the storage area, opening the doors in hopes of finding liquor from Liquor Island but instead they were met with empty boxes and a large mirror. "What the hell?" they exclaim, a hand coming out from the glass.

After 5 minutes of sending them away, the fishman turned in direction the storage room in frustraition. "What's taking them so long?" he huffs. He went up to the room himself only to get thrown back with splintered wood and debris, barely recovering himself midway to avoid slamming into the mast.

"The fuck, wasn't this ship supposed to be empty??" he refers to the to the other thieves.

"We already checked! it was empty when we took over."

"THEN WHERE DID THIS FUCKER COME FROM?!" one of them shouts, quivering slightly at the sight of a large man with black clothing bursting from the mirror inside the storage room.

Another meeting is being held at the Whole Cake Manor, but in an attempt to avoid information leaks only a few were invited or informed of the situation.

"Thieves? That's why we were called in for? So what, we have a ton of whatever they steal." Gallete shrugs off.

"First it's just weapons and ingredients, but what if it's something mama wants? You know how destructive her hunger pains are!"

"Compote is right, if we don't find these bastards it's just a matter of time before they start giving us major problems."

"How are we supposed to find them? We may have a huge information network, but I already sent every goddamn vessel and tart out at sea and non of them have seen anything out of place." Mont-d'Or questions.

While they spitball ideas and suggestions back and forth, Smoothie is the first to come up with a suggestion that doesn't involve looking for the thieves. "What about we set up a trap?"

"A trap? what kind of trap?"

Smoothie uncrosses her arms from her chest, turning to look at Brulee. "A mirror in every ship, big enough for anyone to cross through."

The fishman looks uneasy at being caught, but despite the unexpected opponent he played along with the intended plan and stood his ground, pulling out his blades as the rest of the thieves tense up for another fight. "Doesn't matter, we've avoided getting captured this long and today i'm not planning to change that."