1. Get A New Hobby

Author's Note:
For new readers, Welcome!
Sit back, relax and enjoy some action, attempts at humor and slices of domestic life as you try to worm your way inside Katakuri's heart by unconventional means~

Tags: Adventure, Romance, Humor, Fluff, Angst, Slowburn, Fem!Reader, Takes place 20 years from the main One Piece timeline

For the veterans: Ya'll sick and tired of me rewriting this story yet?

This started as a oneshot but I low-key accidentally turned it into an ambitious piece of work like seriously-  I didn't intend for this to be 30 chapters long! I've been working on this for more than a year, it has imperfections that can do better- but all in due time. Sorry if there's any contradicting details.

Originally uploaded on: 06/Dic/19,
Re-written on: 08/Ene/22 

≫ ────•◦ ❈ ◦•≫──── ≪

Order, Discipline, and Productivity. The primary foundations for Wheat Island under the govern of Charlotte Katakuri. Although Katakuri spends most of his time out at sea, he knows the island can function well without him, the man takes great pride whenever the harvest season provides large numbers for his mother. Katakuri's ship docked a while ago. Dinner and rest is the only thing in his mind as he made his way home, however a third thought wandered into his head as he encountered a crowd which is unusual for his perfect island. He stopped to stare at the direction they are looking at. "Is that building on fire?" Katakuri furrows his eyebrows. What could possibly be out of place?

The nosey crowd watches from a safe distance how the firefighters and a select group of homies join forces to put out the Flames eating away at the once colorfull building, leaving nothing but a trail of smoke and a pile of ash. Standing in front of the remains are two people, one of them being a really tired firefighter. His eyelids are droopy and exhausted, barely grasping the pen between his fingers as he interviewed the owner. "Alright miss (y/n), what caused the fire this time?" the man asks whilst holding a clipboard at hand. The lack of formality is proof necessary that he's more than familiar with this individual.

You hold your hands together, sheepishly swaying back and forth as you dust the ash from your apron. "Well you see, I was skimming through the newspaper recipes this morning and I saw a sweet bread that looked delicious!" you unconsciously start rambling about the latest addition to your bakery, but the firefighter had a look that shouted 'go straight to the point' "Anyway, I felt it was taking an eternity in the oven. So I thought, if I crank up the heat it'll save me half the baking time. Oh how wrong of me." you gave the man a cheeky laugh.

The head firefighter rubbed his droopy eyes with a sigh, refusing to look at you for another second. "Miss (y/n) that's not how baking works..." the firefighter pauses, unable to continue. You are more than ready to receive another lecture from the man, but he's frozen in place, almost like there's something behind you... Or more like someone.
A tall figure casts a shadow behind you, there's also the distinctive smell of sugar that invades your nose as you watch the firefighter go from exhausted to terrified within seconds. You tilt your head back to see a man taller than you, cladded in black and spiked clothing that made you wonder what kind of motorcycle gang he's from.

"What happened?" Charlotte Katakuri couches in front of the firefighter, ignoring you completely.
His voice is deep and menacing, even if he isn't doing it consciously it still makes the sweet commander threatening to anyone. Unknowning to you, this is how Katakuri keeps order with fear and respect.