9. Teasing

Fights tend to become dull, which is why you take great joy at messing around with your opponents.

Val says it makes you look childish, while you think it's probably just a mischievous side of you. Especially when your favorite sweet commander is involved in the situation.

This time the fight took place at the bay of Toppings Island. Katakuri's ship was arriving to the island when you started attacking the docks and the cargo he's supposed to pick up. His ship was a good distance away from the docks so the ocean water the only thing separating him from you.

Long range is an aspect Katakuri didn't expect to use often, considering he is a close combat fighter.

The sweet commander took this opportunity to analyze you once more. He studied the way you move, as fast as the bullets being shot your way. Or even faster.

Reaching a conclusion. If bullets can reach you, then he'll have to develop another method of shooting you down off your high horse.

You were easily dispatching the big mom pirates bullets. Until you abruptly felt a sting in your shoulder.

"Holy fuck!" You yelped in pain, grasping your wounded shoulder in shock. Never, in your 10 years of thievery has a bullet even grazed your skin.

Once the ship was close enough, Katakuri made a jump towards your crouched form between the wreckage you caused at the docks. He didn't attack you immediately, instead choosing to look at your pitiful wounded self.

You removed your bloodied hand only to see that a bullet didn't pierce your skin, but instead, a jellybean.

"A jellybean!?" you cry out, looking at the man in disbelief. "Did you seriously just shoot me with a jellybean??"

Katakuri smirked from under his scarf, surprisingly enjoying your freak out.

You chuckle. Quickly composing yourself as you stand on your feet.

"Aren't you full of surprises? I think i know what i'll be calling your from now on~" you snicker.

Katakuri's smirk turned to a frown the second he saw you recover, but more annoying than ever.

"You have no sense of self-preservation, do you?" Katakuri says, aiming to stab your other shoulder with mogura.

"Aw, don't be mad jellybean. It's gonna take more than that to shoot me down." you disappear from the spot, reappearing with your own guns in hand.

"We'll see about that." Katakuri hakied up his fists, hoping to land a hit on you this time.

_____

Katakuri returned to the pirate ship under his command, much to his disdain Cracker was already waiting there with a shit eating grin on his face.

"What's wrong brother? You couldn't capture that petty thief again?" he teased.

Cracker along with his siblings didn't dare test the mochi man out of fear and respect, however when the masked captain was involved Cracker never failed the chance to remind his older brother about her.

However, Katakuri was having none of it today.

"Atleast I fought with her for more than a minute without being transported to a deserted island." the eldest remarked.

Of course, the memory caused Cracker's face to go red with embarrassment. "IT WASN'T MY FAULT. She played dirty and you know that!" he pointed an accusing finger at the taller man. "How come she doesn't teleport you somewhere and just end the fight huh?" Cracker huffed, a ting of jealousy lingering on him.