8. It's a Date

"Brother Katakuri, remember when you told me about the baker?" Brulee asked sheepishly.

"Yes, what about her?" the eldest sibling raised an eyebrow.

"Well... I know you told me to not investigate about her but..." Brulee trailed off, unsure how to approach her brother. "I used the mirrors to try and spy on her."

"Brulee..." Katakuri warned.

Brulee jumped to her feet, raising her arms in defense. "Listen to what I have to say first!" she insisted.

"Fine."

"I asked the mirrors for her location by using the full name you gave me, but they couldn't seem to find her anywhere." Brulee explained.

"That's odd. Maybe she doesn't own any mirrors?" Katakuri reasoned.

"I found it strange too, so I looked up in Mozart's library for records about her and guess what I found?"

"What?" Katakuri crosses his arms over his chest.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?" Katakuri tilts his head to the side. "Everyone is counted for. Mama keeps tracks of her citizens so she can calculate the lifespan taxes she collects from them."

"I know! There's not even papers on the building of her bakery." Brulee says in exasperation. "It's like she's a ghost!"

Katakuri tried to think logically. You're probably still fairly new to Toto Land, so the lack of paperwork could be explained. "I'll be sure to ask about her past." the mochi man concluded.

"Just... Keep an eye out dear brother." Brulee sounded truly concerned.

"You don't need to worry for me Brulee." Katakuri nods, passing a hand through the mirror to pet the top of the woman's head. "I'll find out more about her so we can both be at ease."

Brulee closed her eyes happily at the head pats, reopening them when Katakuri removed his hand.

"I'll be heading out now." Katakuri informed, tossing his scarf over his shoulder. Before leaving the room, Katakuri paused at the door to speak without turning his back. "Thank you for the information." he says.

"Anything for you dear brother." Brulee chimes.

____

You know Katakuri is a man of a few words, but the moment you asked about his family you soon realized you found his happy trigger. He would continuously talk about his precious siblings, you personally haven't met them, but from the few time you've met them at sea and their behavior in Whole Cake island. It was easy to tell they aren't the best of people, but when Katakuri talks about them, it's like he's describing completely different people.

"So I learned the hard way to keep a child Cracker and a baby Raisin 10 feet apart from each other during sword practice." Katakuri ended his small story calmly.

"I wouldn't expect less from big mom's children, even at a young they sound so dangerous and strong already." You chuckle, pouring more tea in his dainty cup with a bendy straw.

" You chuckle, pouring more tea in his dainty cup with a bendy straw