14. Prisoner.

Your voice could be heard echoing through the heavens above. Not in pain, but in anger. You attempt to drag your body towards the sweet commander, still taunting you by looking down at your immobile body. You reached your limit, your limbs could no longer move. Your arms trembled as you fruitlessly forced yourself to stand up. Only to slam down against the dirt when your legs didn't want to coöperate.

"... Damn it" you muttered, voice cracking as your try to avoid crying. "DAMN IT!" you wanted to keep going, prove your worth as the man towered over you.

Katauri could only look at your pitiful attempts to fight back, unaware of the raging storm going inside you.

"There was no chance you could beat me." Katakuri glared at you from above, guessing you felt shame. "The least you can do is accept your defeat honorably..."

"IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF THAT! " you snapped at the man with a crack in your voice. Frustration coursing through your veins.

Katauri raised his eyebrow, his observation haki sensing a fire burning inside you.

"I wanted to give you a decent fight, a struggle, a challenge... I could care less about winning." you pant. "But I couldn't even handle half an hour in a serious fight with you." you grip your fists, your mask preventing your tears from spilling.

Katakuri didn't need to speak but you saw the confusion in his eyes. "What's the purpose, if it isn't to become victorious?"

"..." Contemplating on your answer you finally decided to respond "It's my gift to you." you say softy, biting the side of your cheek in embarrassment. It probably sounds like a ridiculous reason.

Katakuri was at a loss for words. His eyes furrowing together as he repeated your words over and over inside his head. You're his enemy, why would you want to give him such a gift?

"Sweet commander Katakuri!" the soldiers shouted from afar.

The mochi man cursed under his breath. He hated being interrupted. "Nevermind that, you are now our prisoner." Katakuri narrowed his eyes, placing a hand on the back of your neck. "Goodnight captain."

"Wait wha-!?" you tried to shout before your eyes slid back, falling unconscious.

Katakuri picked up your unconscious body and tossed you over his shoulder, surprisingly being careful with your face mask.

"Whoa, is that the moonlight thief?" one of his subordinates asks in amazement.

Katakuri silently nods, balancing you on his shoulder.

"Let's see how this woman truly looks like-" Another soldier approached your unconscious body, his malicious hands aiming towards your mask.

Katakuri gave the soldiers a dangerous side glance, not only scaring the soldier who wanted to remove your mask but also rest of the crew. "I am in charge of guarding the prisoner, the rest of you capture her tribulation."

The big mom pirates stood straight, no doubt trembling in fear at the sweet commander either because of their respect for him or his conqueror's haki. In any case, they ran off to do their job, leaving Katakuri alone with you as he headed to his ship.

_______

Everything is fuzzy, like numb static fumbling through your senses. Your sight, your head and even your limbs. The moment you gained consciousness did you finally feel how sore you are, abruptly hitting you at once. Just like your memory of the fight.

You gasp awake. Finding yourself sitting in a dim-lit room. You tried to curl up in a fetal position to lessen the ache in your body but there was something preventing you from leaning forward. The rattling of chains. You tried to create a portal with your devil fruit only to feel the restraint of sea stone handcuffs behind your back. It's nauseating effect starting to make you feel sick and weak.