20. Mixing Buisness with Pleasure

"Mamamama, these pastries are delicious~" Big Mom slowly savored the dessert in front of her, barely chewing as she kept shoving the cream-filled puffs in her mouth.

"I'm happy to hear big mom." the guest bowed at the base of her throne, nervously eying the second eldest Charlotte by her side.

"They're unlike anything I've ever tasted before, I want more!" she ordered like the spoiled child she is, licking the cream off her fingers.

The man below her paled. "I-I'm afraid those were all the cream puffs I had," he stuttered in fear. "They're made with the syrup from the trees at Sabaody Archipelago, I'd have to go all the way back"

The guest had a good reason to be afraid, especially giving a glance at Big Mom's expression.

If the queen wants a specific pastry, she's gonna get it.

Valentin was peacefully enjoying the view of the ocean, leaning against the wooden railings of a large pier

Valentin was peacefully enjoying the view of the ocean, leaning against the wooden railings of a large pier. He pulled out his pocket watch, noticing the larger hand ticking ever so closely to the estimated meeting time. Right before the hand could mark 1pm, a woman approached him from behind, casually leaning her back against the wooden railing to his left.

"This is a surprise, you're usually late for meetings," the Fishman comments without looking at the woman.

"Guess you could say I matured a little during our time apart..." you reply smugly, looking at your nails.

"At age 30? yeah, that's a real shocker."

"Oh come' on. I'm still in my late twenties, you don't have to diss me out like that!" you playfully smack his shoulder.

Val rubbed his shoulder with a light hiss, feeling first hand how strong you grew and yet... "Who cares how many ships or islands you can sink, the real development you had was arriving on time!"

There was a brief pause until both of you burst into laughter.

"I missed ya my dude." you hugged the Fishman with one arm.

"Likewise," he returns the hug. "Things have been dull without you (y/n)."

Unlike Val who stared at the ocean, you kept your eyes on the mechanical rides of the carnival. Recognizing a few familiar faces in the vendor stalls.

"How has everyone been doing?"

"Oh you know, a few of them left when you disbanded the group, but the loyal ones work here while they wait for a big strike," Val explains.

You caught up with your first mate over what has happened the past 3 years, the crew, politics, and your training while casually opening a series of portals. Sometimes you would jump from island to island, and other times you would ride Val's back as he swam through the sea while you shorten the distance with your devil fruit. It would be nauseating for newbies but both you and your first mate were used to the speed.