15

Neera was wandering aimlessly around the city wondering if she should even go back with Roman. He really hurt her and left a bruise on her wrist, but she was also concerned about him not having messaged her or anything.

As she continued walking, she made it to a recognizable spot. It was where Roman and her went grocery shopping. She knew the way back from there. As she was walking, her body began heating up with guilt. She told Roman about staying exclusive and avoiding things like what just happened. She'd have to tell him eventually, but he would be very upset.

Finally, she made it to the apartment complex. She was walking around looking for Roman's car, it was in the spot he always left it, so she was sure he was home.

As she was approaching the door, her body began heating up again at the memory of kissing Leah. She began rummaging through her purse to get the house key. She hesitated as she was about to unlock the door; she took a deep breath in and opened it slowly. He wasn't in the living room nor was he in the kitchen.

"Rome?" she said.

No response. She walked around the living area cautiously. When she made it to their room she opened the door slowly. There he was, laying asleep on the bed. He was holding one of Neera's shirts against his face. As she approached his stiff body she noticed there was something on his arm. It was a cast from when he hit the floor. It made Neera audibly gasp.

Neera sat next to him in bed and reached for his face making him jerk awake. He hit his cast on the bedside table as he woke up. He looked up and saw Neera looking down at him while cupping his face.

"Hey" she whispered.

"Hey" Roman responded sleepily.