2

It was half an hour past midnight, and Roman could hear Neera snoring from the other room. He got up and paced around the living room for a few seconds and thought of an idea.

He slowly walked towards the door of where he used to sleep, and opened the door slowly. He wouldn't dare sleep in the same bed as her, but he plopped himself down on the floor and eventually passed out to the sound of her snoring.

Samira woke up before him a few hours later. She got up and tripped on something and realized that it was Roman. Despite literally kicking the shit out of his head with that trip he didn't wake up at all. She looked at him and smiled for a few seconds, but her expressions changed for the worse. She immediately pulled the blanket off of him and started yelling at him to wake up.

Roman jerked awake and flinched at seeing her towering over him.

"I thought I made it clear that I was keeping the room and that you were sleeping on the couch" she growled

"Yeah but we just started this and it's just so hard to sleep without being near you.. and you know I'm scared of the dark and you have the night light in here. I just thought it'd be ok if I was on the floor not bothering you" he explained.

Neera tapped her foot on the floor impatiently and looked around before sighing and looking back down at him.

"Ugh fine you sleep on the floor unless I specifically say that you can't for a certain night"

Roman looked up at her with hope in his eyes.

"Yes!" he got up and walked to the kitchen. "Ima make breakfast for us" he yelled from the other room.

"Ok but I'm not eating it with you, we aren't together anymore" she said in a monotone voice.

There was no response back.