17

As she fed him, he got the courage to start asking where Neera had gone.

"oh just with friends" she coughed

The guilt was eating her up, she could not hide something like that from him. It did not take long for Roman to start catching on her strange mannerisms.

"Hey what's going on.. you're acting strange"

"Huh what? Nothing!" she lied.

"Do you think I'm gonna do something bad to you? I promise I'm not!"

"It's not that Rome" she sighed

"Then tell me" he demanded sleepily.

She set the bowl of mac to the side and her whole demeanor changed. Her shoulders were being weighed down and she couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Leah kissed me and I kissed her back" she muttered quietly.

"Huh? I can't hear you" he pouted.

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Leah kissed me and I kissed her back" she said a bit louder

His eyes widened and then his face and body dropped back into bed.

"But I pulled away as soon as I realized what was actually happening" she explained "It didn't mean anything"

Neera reached for his working arm but he pulled away. He was no longer looking at her.

"Roman.." she whispered.

"I'm not hungry anymore. Please leave the room" He said trying to hold back some tears.

Neera did as he said and as soon as she left the room she no longer felt a sense of overwhelming guilt. However she did feel like a complete asshole.

"shit shit shit!" she whisper yelled at the floor.

She turned around and was about to go back into the room when she stopped to listen. Roman was sobbing quietly, but not as quietly as he thought making Neera feel more like shit. This time it was her fault and there was no way to fix that.