3

They had been living like this for a month now. There were weird tensions around the house especially since Neera was coming home awfully late for the past week reeking of alcohol. She knew Roman had issues with other people being drunk around him and she did this to make him leave the room, but even that didn't make him leave.

It was 3am when Neera came home. She saw a note on the kitchen counter on top of a container with food inside and a bottled water next to it

Heat up if hungry
-R

She opened it up and it was her favorite, Shrimp fried rice. It was still a bit warm meaning he stayed up for a bit making it before falling asleep. She began eating it and once she was done she went to her room and saw him curled up on the floor with the mushroom nightlight on. She scoffed and took off all of her clothes and got into bed and immediately began snoring as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Roman wasn't actually asleep, he opened his eyes as soon as he heard her sleeping. His eyes were red as if he had been crying. Her smelling like liquor upset him a lot and he began sobbing quietly.

Neera's hand hung over the bed when she turned over and Roman slowly reached for it and held it to comfort himself. It was warm and soft, he thought about the times where she would cup his face with her soft hands and tell him how much he meant to her. When he remembered that he sat up a bit a tried leaning his face into the palm of her hand. He held it there for a while and imagined it was like before. However his daydream was immediately shattered when she sleepily pulled her hand away.

Roman laid back down and tried to stop crying, but eventually he was put to sleep by his own tears