9

"Hey sleepyhead! Wake up!" Roman moved her around.

Neera was waking up from a nap. Her head was still pounding.

"I made you some French toast, and some chamomile tea to calm you" he set up the little table on the bed for her "also these pills for after you're done eating.. they're for the headache"

He held her hand for a bit while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Thank you, Rome I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here" she reassuringly squeezed his hand.

"Of course, take your time ok?" He got up and began heading towards the door again.

"Hey.. why don't you spend some time with me while I eat" she asked

"I would but I have to get your email ready for your work"

"I called in sick, I don't think I'll be able to handle any disrespectful ass costumers" she chuckled

"Can I bring in my meal too?" Roman tilted his head.

"Yes we can have a date" she smiled

Roman went out to get his meal, and brought it in. He sat down next to her and they began talking about Roman going to school. At some point Neera laughed at something Roman had said and threw her head back as she laughed and Roman saw the hickey again. His smile was immediately wiped off of his face.

Neera kept the conversation going but soon saw that he began giving half responses and he wasn't as enthusiastic as he was before.

"Hey what happened" she asked

"nothing" he muttered

"No I know when something is up, you're not even looking me in the eyes anymore"

She reached for his hand but he immediately pulled it away.

"Come on you can tell me" she was pleading with her eyes.

Roman looked back at her with tears beginning to collect in his eyes.