16

"I missed you" Roman began tearing up "I'm so sorry I hurt you, I promise I'll never put my hand on you like that ever again"

He got up and winced in pain at an attempt to hug Neera.

"No no you stay laying down, Romey" she ordered "what happened to you?"

Roman began explaining how he broke his wrist and went on a tangent about how the Nurse at the hospital was being mean to him.

"so that's why I hadn't messaged you" he pouted "I really hoped you'd call or something, but I understand.. I thought you'd gone away forever"

"No I'm right here" she leaned in closer.

The guilt came back, her hands began getting clammy and her body was heating up. It was even worse knowing that he was laying right in front of her unknowingly nuzzled up in her arm. She wanted to scream right then and there, but she didn't; she got up and told Roman that she would make food for him and feed him.

"I'll be right back"

She scurried into the kitchen and whipped him up a quick meal. It's the least she could do with him being basically bedridden. She hesitated before walking back into the room to feed him. She took a deep breath and finally opened the door and there he was knocked out again, it was the drugs he had been taking for the pain.

She sat down with him and caressed his face slowly. The stubble on his chin had overgrown since he hadn't been able to shave. Neera was not very fond of his facial hair, but she understood that he was unable to do most things without assistance. She began patting his face to wake him up.

"You gotta eat, I made you some mac! Just the way you like it" she reassured.

Hearing that immediately woke him up.