8

"Neera?" He peeked through the door frame "you know I'd never hurt you like that right? All I did was take off your heels and get you into bed"

"Yes! Yes! I know. You've repeated yourself many times. I fucking heard you, Rome" she slammed her fist on the counter.

He flinched at the sound. She closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry.. it's just that my head is pounding right now and I don't have time for this and I need to get ready for work" she continued rambling.

Roman walked up to her slowly and grabbed her tightly. He then pulled her into a hug.

"You're doing the thing again" he said

"What thing"

"Where you speak on and on and overwhelm yourself.. you gotta take it easy" he said softly

She looked down at him hugging her and she stood still before letting herself hug him back. He looked up at her and caressed her arm.

"Go ahead and lay back down, I'll make you something to eat and fix you up a drink to make you feel better" he led her to the room. "You'll be okay Neera" he reassured her.

He laid her down and put a blanket on her. He sat at the edge of the bed for a while and began caressing her leg.

"I'll bring you breakfast when I'm done with it and then you can eat it. Then you'll take your time to get ready for work while I email your boss that you'll be coming in a bit late okay?"

She nodded her head. He got up and she watched as he walked out. That was the first time in a while that they had an affectionate encounter while both being conscious and sober. It wasn't foreign but it definitely left Neera with a lingering thought.