13

Neera had stayed the night at her friends house and the pain in her arm had gone down exponentially. She was up before her friend and she immediately went to check her phone. She expected a message or call from him, but there was nothing but a few texts from her mom telling her not to forget to take her medication. She sighed and put her phone down.

She sat up and wrapped the blanket around her shoulders and looked around.

"hm it's a lot more different than when our friends are here" she thought.

A few hours had passed and Leah had finally woken up. She walked into the living room where Neera was and stretched her arms up.

"You down for left overs" she groaned.

"Yeah, I'll go ahead and heat some up" Neera got up and went to the kitchen.

As they were eating Leah brought up Roman.

"So has he said anything?" Leah questioned

"hmm?"

"Roman, has he told you anything"

"oh no. I haven't heard from him"

"That asshole. I hope he feels like shit right now." she snorted.

"Don't say that about him, Leah" she defended.

"I'm sorry" Leah apologized.

They continued eating, but the conversation left the room with an awkward atmosphere. Neera was very observant over her phone; she was waiting for any message from him, but got met with nothing. The silence made the clinging of silver ware very obvious.

Once they finished eating, they decided to stay home once again to watch some movies, but Neera was checking her phone constantly. Leah noticed that she was.

"Hey, you should put your phone down for a bit. It's really stressing you out and that's the last thing you need"

"Yeah.. you're right" Neera agreed.

She put her phone to the side on silent and went back to watching the movie.