Chapter 63- Nominations

"Hurry up! Hurry up!" Jess shouts as I grab a few bottles and cans from the double fridge in the kitchen

"I'm coming." I chuckle as she bounces up and down in the doorway, baby on her hip. She runs ahead of me as we trundle into the living room where the entirety of Colton's family is spread out on the two- eight-seater sofas that are placed around the flat screen that's bigger than my kitchen island.

I hand out the drinks before I sit down in between Colton's legs, his arms quickly finding my waist as he snuggles into my neck.

"Are you nervous baby?" He murmurs.

"I don't have anything to be nervous for, you on the other hand." I wink at him, I just know he's going to be leading these Grammy nominations by a long shot. He shakes his head and kisses my cheek.

"God you two are so sickening." Elijah scoffs from the opposite sofa.

"Shut up E, go get married." Jess throws a pillow at him making us all chuckle only to be stoped when Amuary starts flapping his arms like a bird,

"Shush! Shush! It's back on!"  The room falls silent as the adverts fade out and the backdrop for the twenty-twenty Grammy nominations appears on the screen.

"Welcome back to this year's Grammy Nominations, the tension..." I fade out the presenter as Colton swirls little circles on my thigh, I look up at him, his eyes glued to the screen in suspense. I know he's nervous but he has absolutely nothing to worry about, I kiss his knuckles and go back to listening to the presenter.

"This year's nominations for Best Rap Song are, The Box Roddy Rich, Rockstar Da baby Ft. RToddy Rich, Savage Megan Thee Stallion and Fire up Jayden Rainer." We cheer at the mention of Jayds name, he's already got three nominations under his belt, I've been texting him a bunch of random letters or emojis every time he gets a nomination.

"Now onto the big awards, This year's nominations for the best pop duo, group performance are, Un Dia -JBalvin, Dua Lipa, Bad bunny and tainy. In The Streets- Gigi Lastra and Jayden Rainer. Intentions- Justin Bieber featuring Quavo. Dynamite- BTS. Rain on me- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande. And Fight For It- Colton Jax and Gigi Lastra."

What. The Fuck.

My breathing stops and it's not until Colton starts shaking me I start breathing again.

"Gigi breathe!" Colton laughs enclosing me in a hug.

"But- we- I uh- what?" I start waffling, I just can't comprehend this. A fucking Grammy nomination.

Before the shock can wear off the presenters going through the next category.

"The nominations for Album of the year are, Changes- Justin Beiber. Chromatica- Lady Gaga. Folklore- Taylor Swift. Everyday Life- Coldplay and Too the future- Colton Jax."