Chapter 9- It's Just A Really Nice Lift

In, out

In, out. In, out. On a loop in my head as I try and contain my breathing. My hearts racing like a horse at the grand national, I can wring my hands out into a puddle there's that much sweat congregating in my palms. The pit of my stomach is screaming, I'm going to throw up. Oh god no you're not Gigi calm the fuck down.

I pass more air through my nose and out my mouth; I've probably taken too much now feel really bloody lightheaded. I reach out and grab Jacobs arm to steady my body, my nails puncturing his skin slightly from my tight grip. Sofia, who's stood next to him places her hand on my shoulder and then pulls me into a hug, her sweet-smelling hair tickling my cheeks.

"You're going to do great Rockstar", she whispers into my ear, her arms still snaked around my neck. She then pulls away grabbing my hand and gives it a light squeeze.

All three of us turn our eyes to the building to the side of us in the centre of Marylebone. We crane our necks up trying to see to the top of it, it must have been at least twenty floors. Lined with windows that reflected the neighbouring buildings and marbled blocks, Hassa Records in white block capitals sat proudly halfway up, different country flags flowing in the wind on top of the reception doors, it almost looked like I was entering an embassy.

Two big men in black sunglasses and unadorned black suits waited either side of the reception doors, they had their arms locked in front of them and stood so still you'd think they were statues. There was a black carpet rolled out from the street right to the glass double doors that opened up into the reception area.

I suck in a big prolonged breath and turn to my entourage who are both showing me toothy grins, they don't say anything, Sofia just puts her thumbs up at me in the you're going to smash it but I don't know what to say because I'm shit scared for you too way. I nod at them, swivel on boots and start almost marching towards the glass doors.

Why are you marching, Stop Gigi it's weird, just walk normally, like a normal person with a normal meeting.

I come to the end of the black carpet and almost tiptoe past the men in their suits, oof they are defiantly packing, me being of such short height and them like trees, it was mostly all at eye level. My cheeks began to flush dramatically, my eyes trained on the caret in front of me.

Get your mind out of the goddam gutter and get your hormones in check you thirsty bitch! Now is not the time.

I reach for the gold handles on the wide doors, my hands shaking so much I sure they're rattling the glass.

Shit which way is it, push or pull. What if you push but it's a pull? Fuck people are starting to look just pull it and see what happens.

I pull the door open with force expecting the doors to be heavy but to my surprise, they swished open quickly needing little to no force at all. Immediately I'm hit with a burst of warm air that chases the cold from my body.