Chapter 60- Love

People say you know the ends come when you see the white light pulling you up, but the only thing I saw was Gigi

People say you know the ends come when you see the white light pulling you up, but the only thing I saw was Gigi. In the last few moments of consciousness, I saw her strawberry smelling hair right in front of my eyes, I heard her adorable giggle and her stupid nickname, I felt her soft skin against mine, I felt her love.

The antiseptic is the first thing to enter my passage as the murmur of sounds becomes clearer. Opening my eyes is like digging for treasure in the Sahara, they're too heavy to open and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

I try to speak but nothing comes out, there's something over my mouth pushing air into me. What the fuck? My limbs are heavy but the distant warmth that cups my hand lets me know she's here. I managed to squeeze the hand holding mine and silence overcomes the room.

"Colton?" Her sweet voice rings through my ears and Suddenly my eyelids seem a lot looser. Her glassy eyes look down from above. I want to reach out and touch her but as soon as I try and move she stops me.

"Don't move, I'm calling the doctor." She slips away from me and as I'm regaining my consciousness I now have a doctor standing over me, shining his fucking light in my eyes.

"Get that thing out of my fucking face." I rasp between coughs.

"Well you're coherent so I guess that's a good thing." He scowls at me, switching the mini flashlight off, " Do you know where you are Colton?" I try and look around the room but I can't yet lift my head so I can only see the ceiling.

"You're in the hospital." He answers for me.

Hospital? I rack my brain, the last thing I remember is what happened with Gigi then driving to see her-

Oh. And the car that hit me and Jayden.

"Is Jayden alright?" I try and lurch forward but I still can't gain enough strength.

"Take it easy. I'll put the bed up, Jaydens fine, he's waiting outside with everyone else." A wave of relief rushes through me until I sit up, aches and pains running through me and see my entire leg covered in plaster and most of my torso covered in gauze.

The doctor runs a few more small tests and declares I'm fine. He tells me all about the procedures and surgery's, the fact that I practically died and I've been unconscious for three days and that they were worried they'd have to put me in an induced coma.

"You have a whole hallway full of people out there at the moment. One lady has spent most of her time sat in here though, she hasn't really moved from that chair. Is there anyone, in particular, you'd like me to send in first?" He writes something on one of the charts he holds in his hand.

"Gigi," I say without question.

"Very well, I'll also get you some water, you sound pretty raspy."

Damn this guy is fucking observant. I roll my eyes slowly, feeling a dull ache in my head. A few seconds after the door shuts it opens again and a frail-looking body stands in the doorway, drowning in a hoodie, her famous strawberry smelling hair plaited messily to one side. She takes a look at me and tears start rolling down her face, she quickly starts crying, trying to muffle the sounds with her sleeve. I just want to get up and hug her but I can't fucking move.