Chapter 29- Sexy Thing

The smell of strawberries wafts under my nose, the sound of soft snores pries my eyes open

The smell of strawberries wafts under my nose, the sound of soft snores pries my eyes open. I look down to find Gigi, buried in my chest sound asleep, my arms still around her small frame. Her hair flows across her face messily and her legs are tangled in between mine. I don't move, out of fear of losing her warmth and comfort. This is something I could wake up to every morning. She looks adorable sleeping peacefully. Her long eyelashes batting against her completely natural face. Her caramel infused hair tickles my nose. God, she's Beautiful. I've forgotten what it's like to have someone around me so much, someone to wake up to.

The last week's been hell. All I wanted to do was sit with her at breakfast and eat lunch with her or play guitar with her, write with her, be with... her. I surprised myself with how much I've actually missed her. Her laugh, her smile, the ability to make everything seem else so unproblematic, I know I was nasty but I needed to be a dick to her, I need her to see that I'm a horrible human and would do her more harm being around her than not. Like Tessa said, or implied, I'm damaged and I just want her to succeed.

I've watched her this week though, her light slowly getting dimmer with each day that passed, the media have put her through the wringer and all I wanted to do was pull her into my arms and protect her, I have this...urge to look after her, but I just couldn't. I heard her the other night when she thought she was alone. I heard her, not the music or the song, I heard what she was trying to say, what she wanted to say. She was hurting, badly, and with every line she sang the ache in my chest got bigger and bigger until I just had to hold her. I can't bear to see them berate her like that, It infuriates me to no end.

Last night when she and Will went out into the hallway I had to follow them, like this annoying naggy voice In my mind was telling me to go, something wasn't right. When we reached the end of the hallway some older guy stood there and Gigi just froze, he started speaking Italian and I could visibly see her tiny body shaking and hyperventilating, I knew she was about to have a panic attack and when she took off down the hall, it quickly confirmed my theory. At that moment I didn't care about being selfish and listening to Tessa, I couldn't give a shit about my career or anyone else, I wasn't going to let her go through this alone. I feel like a dick already for ignoring her before the shows this week and I knew this one was going to be bad so I followed her into a small unoccupied dressing room, her scrunched up sobbing body was trembling against the door. It scared me how bad she was and my first instinct was to wrap my arms around her and let her know she wasn't alone. I think it took her a few seconds to realise that there was actually someone in the room with her, she had zoned out completely and when I looked into her teary eyes they were distant and pained. My heart squeezed painfully at the sight. I tried talking to her but she couldn't give me any kind of answer about who that guy was without breaking down again. I defiantly didn't want to leave her alone so I bought her back to my suite, selfishly it was also because I missed her, more than I'd care to admit. She sat on my sofa, still distant as fuck, with her glassy eyes and tearstained cheeks. She then started sobbing about how she'd hurt me and how she had to focus. Hurt me? I was the one who'd been a dick all week!