Chapter 22- WORK THIS OUT

" I can't believe your actually making me do this

" I can't believe your actually making me do this." Colton sighs, crossing his strong arms across his chest, making the ink bulge on his biceps.

I swing open the heavy door to one of the staff areas under the arena, it's swamped with tones of the crew, dancers and band members. I freeze in the doorway feeling all eyes on me, then they all fall to the floor after glancing at the six-foot creature next to me. I can hear my heartbeat thumping loudly in my ears, this is so awkward. Colton coughs and presses his palm into the small of my back moving me forward with him out of the doorway. Voices start to pick up again but only slightly. Are they really this afraid of Colton?

"Don't just stand there, we don't bite." A little purple-headed woman pops up by my side and holds out two red solo cups, Colton snatches it from her hand, I can feel him tense up beside me as he swallows the contents but I push the cup away apologetically.

"We're just about to play some games if you guys want to join in?" She adds, wandering over to foldable table surrounded by a cluster of bodies and big liquor bottles.

"Alright, guys now everyone's here let's play some games!" She shouts at the rest of the room who start joining us around the table.

I can still feel everyone taking pocket glances at me and Colton every now and then which makes me feel a bit like some kind of museum exhibition, I can promise them I'm not that exciting. Coltons stood beside me not saying or doing anything at all, so much for team building on his part. I notice a flock of the women in the room are carefully edging their way around the table to get closer to him, one of them seductively hands him a new red cup which he gratefully accepts.

"You're empty-handed girl and that simply won't do! What do you want babe?" A woman with thick curly hair walks up beside me and gestures to the stack of alcohol on the side.

"Actually do you have any diet coke, I'm not much of a drinker...?"

She looks at me sceptically and nods,

"Kinda missing the point of a drinking game but eh whatever floats your boat." She fetches goes to fetch me a can.

Colton nudges me, "Are you sure you don't want a drink? We're only travelling tomorrow?"

I just nod back, I don't drink, I never have. I'm always the sober, responsible friend on a night out.

"Right then, let's start with... Never Have I Ever, rules are simple! Drink for yes, don't for no- capiche?" The purple-haired girl winks and takes a long sip out of her cup.

"Wow real mature, are we like seventeen?" Colton snides, I backhand him in the pec, nearly shattering the bones in my hand.

"Ignore him," I say glaring at him whilst he huffs, he downs his drink and looks away from me. Stubborn child.

The rooms fills with silence again, some look concerned, some look shocked but the purple-haired girl looks like she's about to burst into laughter.