Chapter 41- Princess

I tap my fingers to the rhythm of the song playing on the radio, Sucker by the Jonas brothers which only makes me snicker

I tap my fingers to the rhythm of the song playing on the radio, Sucker by the Jonas brothers which only makes me snicker. If spiller were here right now she'd be wailing.

The sun streams through the window onto my face as I carry on down the dusty road towards Maxes. I wanted a chance to see him before we left L.A., especially after last night.

I woke up this morning feeling ten times lighter, I didn't wake up dreading the day. The only thing I missed was a certain Londoner splayed between my sheets.

I pull off a deserted road into an even more deserted track that seems to run for miles, trust Max to be miles away from any kind of civilisation. The heat tickles at my neck, my body longs to be in my pool with Gigi who was paddling at the edge in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt when I left her this morning. Even in a faded, baggy T-shirt she still looked gorgeous, I remember how her slightly damp hair cascaded down her back in wavy locks, and the smile she gave me from her natural sunkissed face when she waved goodbye.

Ugh instead on my last day in LA I was on my way to a bloody farm out in the desert. I release a deep sigh leaning back into my seat, I want to get home back to my Spiller.

Eventually, I reach the entrance to 'Brewers Farm', slowing the car down, being careful not to hit any wild cattle or stray chickens, I park next to Maxes beaten up truck he's currently throwing haybales from. I take my sunglasses off and throw them into the passenger's side of the car. I step out into the basking heat.

"You alright farmer boy?" I lean on the edge of his truck watching him sweat with the bales.

"Yeah I'm just getting the haybales ready to put into the loft, they'll burn left out in this heat." I nod pretending to know what he's talking about,

" You can give me a hand if you want," he says throwing me a pair of gloves. I stare at him bewildered, I've never been one for manual labour and he knows that. He shakes his head and chuckles,

"All right princess I won't make you work, don't want to ruin your manicure," he mocks wiping the sweat from his abs with his Flannel shirt that was strewn on the wired fence, "Jump in the truck," I throw the gloves back at him and wait for him in the cab of the truck until he's done with the bales. He hops in and starts the truck in direction of the cabin attached to the farm, where he lives with his girlfriend and German Sheppard, Raggers.

He drives past the cattle lounging about in the fields and the horses swishing their tales around in the yard until we pull up in front of the modern cabin. Lyla Joy, Maxes girlfriend is sat on her laptop on the front veranda in a pair of jodhpurs.

"Hey babe- oh hey Colt, I forgot you were coming! How are you?" She gets up and walks down to hug me,

"I'm alright, I hope you don't mind me dropping by."

"Of course not, you guys want something to drink? Beer?" She leans on the table,

"I'm alright, driving." I sigh, she looks at Max who nods,