Chapter 30- Fine Looking Daddys

Twenty minutes later Sofia and Jacob stroll into the lobby dragging Gigi in between their bodies

Twenty minutes later Sofia and Jacob stroll into the lobby dragging Gigi in between their bodies. Jacob dressed in a pair of brown shorts and a white shirt with tiny pineapples on, Sofia in red, ruffle skirt and polka dot white short-sleeved blouse- I'm guessing red's kind of her colour and Gigi... Gigi has her caramel hair tied up into a messy bun, loose strands shaping her face. Her body clad in a white sundress accentuating her smooth curves and gorgeously tanned skin. She's applied natural-looking false eyelashes and added a line of fiery red to her lips making her freckles pop out like a constellation. She looks down at the floor as she's dragged from the elevators, her eyes look so lifeless, where has her light gone? There's a stabbing in my chest, her eyes look hollow and her body looks too skinny and frail, still as gorgeous as ever but worrying. I'm bought away from my lingering thoughts as they approach us,

"Right I'm fucking starving, there's a car outside waiting," Jayden announces, he casually links his arm through Sofias and drags her out of the lobby doors into the mass of cameras waiting for their paycheques. I can sense Gigi tense beside me as they start up, their shouting gets louder through the room.

"Look... I'm just going to uh.. stay behind okay." She says quietly turning to leave.

"No your not," I grab her arm and swirl circles on her skin, her smooth arms coming up in goosebumps, "We're not going to leave you, Spiller, we're right here with you, just ignore them. We're gonna have a good day, I promise." I can't stop myself, she draws me in and I just want to fix everything for her, I physically can't stop talking to her, hell I don't want to stop!

She considers what I've said for a second then nods her head with a tiny hint of a smile. I wrap my arm around her shoulder carefully, I see her internal deliberation on whether to reject the contact but then makes no attempt at shooing me away. I swallow thickly, knowing I shouldn't be doing this.

We walk through the lobby, Jacob on her other side until the rash clicking of heels screeches to a halt behind us,

"Colton! Where are you going?" Laycie says pulling on my shirt, I turn around hesitantly, still holding onto Gigi's shoulder, she spins with me and immediately her gaze hits the floor, her body retracts and tenses.

"Not that its any of your fucking business Laycie, but I'm going out with my friends." I look down at her as she scoffs,

"Fucking hell the ice king has friends, don't make me laugh." Her eyes wander across Jacob then linger on Gigi for longer than necessary, "Especially with her, Miss wannabe 2010," Gigi grabs my free hand and slips her fingers into it resting it behind out backs, she gives a reassuring squeeze, still looking down at the floor, just that tiny bit of contact makes my anger simmer down and my breath hitch slightly in my throat, god what is she doing to me, Laycie steps closer to Gigi and my hand tightens around hers, "Maybe you should listen to what they're all saying, quit now and go back to your drug-fueled little life with your whore of a mother you untalented swine." Gigis face blanks, not a single emotion present, just hollowness in her eyes. I step in front of her and square up with Laycie, no way is she just going to stand there and take that shit! I would never threaten a woman but I can not bear to hear another pathetic word come out of her disgusting mouth especially when they're directed at Gigi. I made the mistake of not sticking up for her before, I won't do it again.