Chapter 1

Jieun opened her eyes and stretched her arms. Her eyes were puffy, since she cried yesterday night. She sighed and went down from the bed, changing into casual clothes.

She took a quick glance of the clock which was hanged on the wall. It was only six in the morning. After preparing herself for the school, she went downstairs.

Yesterday was the wedding of her sister and her brother-in-law. There's a reason that she cried yesterday night. It was a long story, which she didn't really want to tell and talk about with the others.

"Good morning." She greeted her parents as she sat down in front of the dining table. Her father just nodded at her and continued reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, Jieun dear. Do you have a nice sleep?" Her mother, Jung Ahra asked as she kissed her cheeks.

Jieun faked a smiled and answered, "Pretty well."

"That's good." Her mother smiled. "Remember to come home earlier today, alright darling? Your brother-in-law said that he's taking us to lunch."

Jieun stunned as she heard that her mother said that her brother-in-law is going to take them to lunch.

"But mother, I'm afraid that I still have some things to do, after the classes are finished." She told her mother.

"That's sad. Never mind, we still got a lot of chance to meet sometime. You never talk a word to your brother-in-law aren't you? Do you even know his name?" Her mother frowned.

"Mom, of course I know. He's Lee Howon and he preferred to go by Hoya." Jieun practically rolled her eyes. Of course, she knew him. And she was even in love with him, deeply, but there's nobody knows about it, except himself, herself, and her friend, Nam Woohyun.

She had known him since the both of them are in secondary school. He was elder than her by a year, the same year as her sister. Her sister knew him through her. She and her sister, Seo Jisoo was close before, but they aren't now.

Because she knew him, sometimes, when the both of them talked, she would say about him. Jisoo was slowly falling for Hoya when she first saw him. In the second year of high school, they were in the same class.

The both of them got closer after that. They were in the same class at the rest of high school years. That's how the both of them got closer, start dating, and married when they're both only twenty-two.

"Mother, father, I'm going to school first." Jieun told her parents as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Okay. Do you need me to send you there?" Her father set down the newspaper and asked.

"There's no need appa. I can walk there, or take a bus there." Jieun told them and went out from the house.

"I've told you for many times that you don't even need to be here every morning." Jieun shut her eyes and told the person who was leaning beside the main gate as she locked it.

"And I did tell you too that I just wanted to keep you safe. And you know, after yesterday, I don't really think that I can leave you alone." The guy told Jieun and followed behind her.

"Look, I'm totally fine. And I never thought of commit suicide. So just don't bother me again, please, Woohyun." Jieun turned to him and faced him.

Woohyun slightly bit his lower lips and leaned closer to her.

"I've asked you. Why don't you give me a chance?" He whispered beside her ears.

Jieun was stunned. She doesn't know how she should answer Woohyun's question. Every time when he's asking is she could give him a chance, she would always run away. But right now, she had no place to run away.