Chapter 4

Hoya sighed deeply when he saw Woohyun's reply. He closed his eyes and leaned back on the wall.

Yes, Woohyun typed it right, best friend. Once, they're best friends. But now? They're like nothing, like they never be best friends at all.

The reason that they're not best friend anymore, it's not because of Jieun. It's because of another person. A person that changed Hoya and Woohyun.

Woohyun is not really talkative before, and Hoya, he's usually cold, but he had loosened up since he met her. She was Woohyun and Hoya's best friend too. The three of them are close, and both of them like her too.

There's one day, the three of them went to a beach. Woohyun was not feeling well that day, so it was only her and Hoya is going to swim. Suddenly, a wave came, and took her life away.

Since then, Hoya and Woohyun became distant, and they never talk to each other again. Woohyun was always blaming Hoya that not taking good care of her. Hoya felt guilty too, causing her to die in such a young age.

"Hoya! Are you still inside?" He heard Jisoo called from outside.

"Ne." He replied and placed his phone back into his pocket, and went out from the bathroom. Jisoo was outside the bathroom, waiting for Hoya.

"So...are we going back home right now?" Jisoo asked.

"Yeah, the company just called me, and tells me to go back for a while." Hoya nodded and replied.

"Okay, then let's tell umma and appa first. Kaja." Jisoo answered and smiled at Hoya. They went to the living room together and told Ahra and Hyunsik that they're going back home first.

As they got out from the house, Hoya intertwined his hands with Jisoo's. It's not that he doesn't love her. He does have feelings for her, but as for Jieun, his love for her is too great. He's not blind to see his love for her, but it's just, he was always thinking that he's not the right one for her, and she should find a better one.

Yeah, he was totally wrong. Everyone who knew that Jieun and Hoya's statement would've just said that the two of them are too perfect and they're meant for each other.

"Honey." He heard Jisoo called beside him.

"Yes?" He turned around and looked at her.

"You seemed bothered." Jisoo stated.

"I'm not. Come on, let's get in the car." Hoya told Jisoo and opened the door of the car for her. Jisoo slightly shook her head as she went in. She had noticed Hoya's changes before their wedding. Before their wedding, he was really nervous. At first, she thought that he's afraid the wedding wouldn't go well, but every time they visited her parents, he will space out.

She even caught her staring at Jieun for a long time. And earlier, when Woohyun said that he's going out with Jieun, Jisoo noticed that Hoya's face changed. He was obviously jealous. Jisoo knew that Hoya and Woohyun were best friends once.

Jisoo sighed and sat back to her seat, buckling the seatbelt. Hoya started the car and drove off from Jisoo's parents' house.

"I'll drop you off in house first. Or do you have any works to do?" Hoya started.

"Well, no works. Where are you going?"

"Just office, I'll be back in about three or four hours."

"Can we have dinner together?"

"Sure, I'll just go back later."

"We'll have it outside; I'm too tired to cook for dinner."

"Alright." Hoya nodded and replied.