Chapter 3

Jieun hardly gulped the drink down into her throat. It's the first time that she's drinking. She put down the glass on the table. Her vision was getting blurred every time as she took a shot.

It was still evening right now, about seven, and yet, she's trying to get herself drunk at this time. Usually people will drink when it's night, or midnight, but Jieun felt like she needed to forget everything right now.

"One more." She told the bartender.

"Miss, you had been drinking non-stop for hours. You should stop now." The bartender advised her.

"Don't mind her, she's with me." A guy spoke up behind Jieun, and sat down beside her. Jieun couldn't see who is it clearly because her vision was getting blurred each second.

Finally, she was wasted.

The guy sighed softly. "Why you're making yourself harder, Jieun?" He softly used his thumb to caress her soft and tint pink cheeks.

He then turned to the bartender and asked for Jieun's bill. He paid for it and took her with him together, back to the house that he's staying temporarily.

He was originally planning to bring Jieun back to her house, but he then remembered that she once told him that her parents don't really like her drinking, so she never drank any liquor, until today.

He used the hot water and thinking that should he help her to clean her body, since she vomited when they're on the way back home.

"Need help?" A girl voice asked behind.

"Noona." He turned around and saw his elder sister standing there, watching him.

"So, do you need my help? You sure couldn't just help her change her clothes." His sister walked up to him.

"Sure. I'll just take her to my room and you'll help her to change." He nodded, and added, "I'm going to take a bath first."

After that, he took Jieun to his room and laid her down in his bed. He then went to the bathroom and took his bath. His sister took a set of her clothes and helped Jieun to change it into it. She then sighed as she sat down beside the bed, watching at Jieun.

"I wonder what is into him. He's not even having any feelings for you, but why he's taking you home, and taking care of you?" She silently asked herself.

"That's a question which I can't answer you, noona." He came out from the bathroom and dried his hair with the towel.

"Lee Sungjong. Could you just give me a reason?" His sister stood up and asked.

"I told you that I can't, noona." He apologized and looked away.

"Sungjong, you have a girlfriend. What's with you? Do you really love your girlfriend, or you love Jieun?"

"Noona! What are you talking about?!"

"Then why you're bringing her home?"

"She's my friend!"

"I don't understand what you're thinking." Her sister answered and stomped out from his room. He sighed and pulled a chair beside the bed, and sat down.

"I'm sorry, Jieun. I'm sorry that I left you before, but I really did have feelings for you, once." He softly whispered to her, and closed his eyes.

--

Jieun slowly opened her eyes, looking around. She remembered that she was still in the bar yesterday, but how would she got back to her house, in her room yet again?

She yawned and stretched her arms. It's quite lucky that it's holiday today. She went down from her bed and went downstairs. As usual, her mother was arranging the table, while her father was reading the newspaper.