Chapter 13

"I thought you never drink." L stated firmly as he watched Jieun filled the glass with alcohol.

"I am. Since a few months ago." Jieun said. She definitely hates drinking, but because of what happened yesterday made her want to try on again.

"You should've told Woohyun to come with you." L frowned.

"I don't want him to bother me. Plus, you're good in drinking. Here." Jieun spoke as she handed a glass for L.

L left the glass that Jieun gave him untouched, and looked around the bar, examining it. Although he's a good drinker, he doesn't want to drink it for Jieun's sake. He was worried about her. He could guess that what had happened. It must be Hoya again.

"L-ah..." Jieun suddenly called. L turned back to her and asked, "What is it?"

"Why are you always there by my side, when I need someone to comfort me?" Jieun asked, looking at him.

L doesn't know how to answer her question. He slightly shook his head and said, "You're drunk, Jieun."

"I'm not. I'm still fine." Jieun answered.

"Umm...I guess...I just happened to be around." He shrugged.

"It hurts much. At first, I thought crying could make me release the stress, and accept the fact that he's not mine. But soon, I realized, I love him so much. I don't know how to release my stress, so I came here."

"Jieun, just...stop drinking. You're only hurting yourself." He whispered, rubbing her back.

"Alcohol taste like hell, actually. I don't like it. But what I love is to dream about him, every night. But is it possible? I even barely saw him. I wanted to tell him how much I love him. But he's not listening to me every time." Jieun stopped, and gulped down a glass of drink. She then filled the glass and continued talking.

"Yesterday, he called me. I was surprised at first, but it turned out he was just apologizing. He told me that he loved me, but he can't be with me. But why is it? I can't understand." Jieun softly sighed.

"You'll understand that one day." L replied, ruffling Jieun's hair.

"I just...I just want to be with him. That's all I want..." Jieun started to sob.

L patted on her back and pulled his phone out as he texted Hoya.

Hyung, down here in SkyBar. Take care of Jieun.

"Eun-ah, I'm leaving now." L informed Jieun as he slightly patted her back.

"You're leaving me either?"

"I'm not...It's just..."

"How could you...I only have you left...Soori is busy with Sungyeol...I only have you left with me..."

"There would be someone taking care of you later, trust me, Jieun. I'm going now. See you later." L reached down and patted Jieun's head before leaving.

--

Hoya sighed deeply as he watched Jieun who was having the blank look on her face, drinking. It was him who makes her become like this.

Since Jisoo and Hoya got together, he had never seen her smiling, not even once. Even when she's smiling, she's actually faking a smile. She doesn't want the others to worry about her. How could she even smile? The person that told her how much he loves her, when she was just about to return his favor, he decided to leave.

He felt guilt. Just yesterday, he called her. He was sure that she would think that he's going to tell her that he loves her, but she was wrong.

What he did was sang for her. And the worst, it's even a song telling her to let go of him, not to love him. How could she do so when she's totally in love with him?