Chapter 15

Soori looked around the library as she stepped into it. It had been days since Jieun absent in the college.

She knew about her parents, and she went to their funeral. But after the funeral ended, she never came. Almost been a week.

She smiled a bit to herself as she saw Jieun there, with a book, just like the usual her.

"Hey, Jieun." Soori pulled out a chair in front of her and called softly.

"Hi." Jieun looked up and replied.

"How are you? Better?"

"I think...yeah. Better. I just...need some time to calm down. It's really hard to accept the fact...you know."

"Yeah. It's good to see you here again."

"Well...you've got a part-time job isn't it? Does it need anymore worker? I'm thinking of looking for a job since there wouldn't be anyone there to take care of my expenses."

"How about Jisoo unnie? Have you thought about living with her?"

"I won't even think about that. Never."

"Oh, okay. I just thought it'll be better if you choose to stay with her so you don't really have to bother about much things."

"She asked me to, but I rejected. She knows about me and him, you know. You know...what's my mother's last words?"

Soori slightly shook her head.

"She asked him to take care of me. She said that she knew about us and she and my father had asked Jisoo to divorce with him."

Soori silently gasped. "How...how they knew it?"

"He called me once. They heard us talking." Jieun closed her book and said. "I think I'll head to the classroom earlier today. I missed out a lot of things. You should go to Sungyeol. He might be looking for you."

"Alright. Anything, call me, okay? You know, I'm always there for you."

"Thanks, Soori. I'll go now. Bye." Jieun stood up from her seat and said. She left the library and went to the class.

The class is still empty as it is still early. Jieun sat down as she took out the notes that L had been passing it to her these few days.

Her phone rang as she was looking through the notes. It was Jisoo.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hey." She heard Jisoo called softly.

"Unnie, anything?" Jieun asked.

"Eun, would you care to have dinner together today? Just two of us. I'll be home and I'll buy foods."

"Umm sure."

"I have something to tell you."

"You can tell here."

"Not now..." Jisoo paused for a while. "I mean, I have something important to tell you, when we both ate dinner."

"About what?"

"Something really important. I think I'll be there around...five maybe? After my work. I've got to go now. Bye and see you later."

"Alright."

Jieun put down her phone and sat back, thinking about what would Jisoo be talking about. About their mother's wish?

Right now, all she can do is wait. Wait for the night to come.

--

Jisoo turned the doorknob as she unlocked the door. The living room was dark. She turned on the lights and went to the kitchen.