Chapter 18: The Fight For Hyrule

We all exit the portal and look around.

"Where did you put us?" Annette asks.

I look around and see Hyrule castle in the distance...with hundreds of monsters surrounding it.

"You have gotta be kidding me." Diana deadpans, annoyed.

I sigh and can see the castle surrounded in a dark mist. Looks how it did in the game...I won't lie when I say that it's terrifying

"How are we supposed get through those monsters?" Crystal asks us all.

I summon my sword and smirk.

"Only thing we can do right now is fight. There isn't anything else that can be done." I tell them.

Annette draws her daggers and smirks.

"This'll give me a run for my money." She comments.

Diana pulls out her gun as Crystal summons her axe. Zelda's hands glow with magic and she nods her head at me.

"Let's make this something special." Diana grins.

We all race towards the castle and the monsters spot us. One of them grabs a horn and blows into it.

"It's not like they couldn't see us!" Annette yells.

The monsters start to charge at us and we all start to fight. I swing my sword and knock over a large group of monsters. I look around and see Zelda shooting the monsters with her magic and setting them a balze. Annette cuts through them with her daggers and kicks them away. Crystal swings her axe around her and takes out at least ten monsters with it. Diana shoots at the monsters with her gun but then rolls her eyes and puts it away.

"What are you doing?" Crystal asks her confused.

Diana's hands start to glow a faint red and she kneels down and touches the ground. The ground starts to rise and the monsters all get flung away as it flicks them up into the air.

"What the heck?" I shout.

Diana grins and rises to her feet again.

"Now let's have some real fun."

Diana manipulates the ground to become spike shaped and it starts to attack the monsters. It drills through some while it simply stabs through others.

"Give me a boost!" I shout to Diana.

She looks at me and nods her head. The ground beneath me rises me into the air and I jump right into a batch of monsters and create a huge shock wave that knocks them all over. I raise my hand into the sky and a huge cloud forms in the sky. I close my fist and lightning rains down on all the monsters.

"Get down!" Annette yells.

I duck down and Annette kicks a monster right over my head.

"Thanks." I say as I stand up.

She laughs.

"Don't get used to it." She smirks.

We both go back to back and get into a fighting stance. Never thought I'd be fighting alongside Annette like this. I charge at the monsters in front of me and Annette does the same. I slash at all of them and avoid them the best I can. One of them grabs my arm but I push them away and slice them in half. I can feel all of the monsters start to close in on me and turn around and try to find anyone that can help me. I see Zelda shooting her magic at a group but they grab both her arms and throw her to the ground.

"No!" I scream.

I try and make my way through the monsters but it's no use. I look to my left and see Annette get her daggers knocked out her hands.