CHAPTER 7

Alayna Maximoff was in pain, she sits on what seems like a cliff on the Helicarrier, but it was just the rafters. Looking over the edge, Phil's dead body haunting her even a day after his death. She had yet to go to the medics, after everything she disappeared from everyone, even her father couldn't find her. They were worried, she could feel that.

Alayna knew nothing was ever gonna be the same.

Suddenly she felt a presence behind her.

"I know your there, Katie."

The youngest Stark sighed.

"You caught me."

She came to sit beside Alayna looking at the people working to make the Helicarrier functional again.

"They're looking for you know." Katie said with a small smile to the girl with the blind fold.

"I know." Alayna said shortly back. "They didn't want to cause a ruckus, but I can feel my fathers and Steve's emotions from here."

"Then you should know that they care about you, Lunar, they want to see how your doing." Katie said looking out to see the captain america with a panicked look on his face and smiles.

"They shouldn't."

Katie sighs and stares at her best friend once more.

"It wasn't your fault."

"It might as well be." Alayna said bitterly. "I should have gotten there faster."

"There is nothing you could've done." Katie said trying to cheer up her friend.

Somehow she knew that those words would mean nothing to Alayna. After that day, Alayna would forever blame herself, for his death. Nothing could prove to her that it wasn't her fault either.

"I had a feeling before all of this that something was going to go wrong." Alayna said sadly. "The moment I felt Bruce go into his Hulk state I knew that something had changed. That he might have succeeded."

"Lunar, your everything I will ever need, your my best friend, and my sister. Your powerful, as well as strong. I have to tell you that sometimes people don't make it back from a mission. I think you know that more than anyone though." Katie said, with a small smile then said.

"Your the hero of so many people, Coulson just couldn't be saved. Thats okay."

Alayna thought about it for the next moment or so.

Katie was wrong about one thing in that tangent.

"I'm no hero, Katie."

Katie's eyes widened in shock.

"I never was."

"No Lunar-"

Alayna was done, she got up from where she was sitting and said.

"No. You don't get it. I'm no hero, and I never will be. Ever. You know why?"

Katie just stared at her like she was crazy, she started to get up from the rafters following after Alayna. The girl with the blindfold ran a hand through her hair.

"Because I've lied and I've killed so many people. I try to take on a different persona like it would change anything! I can feel how scared they are of me! Everyone on this ship, is scared that I'll blow up or something."

Alayna kept going unknowing that her comm turned on.

"Everyone here is scared of me. The fact is I don't blame them. Hell, I'm waiting for me to lose control too. So I can finally leave this godforsaken Earth."