CHAPTER 5

3RD POV

Katherine Stark was livid. Her brother had just told her what had went down with the cage. How it was made for her best friend. She was shocked to say the least, everyone had thought it had been made for Banner, but then they realized it was actually made for Alayna. To control her because the government was afraid. 

Katie Stark thought of Alayna as her best friend, even if she didn't know her real name she didn't deserve to be treated like that, no one does.

As Banner continuously scans with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation. Tony looks at his monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations. Katherine sits by the scepter on a stool as Bruce handed her things to poke it with.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce says.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony continues.

"Which means that if we get this right, the correlation will be on route to find the Tesseract." Katherine said.

Not many people knew that Katie was actually very smart, and that she actually went to college with Alayna Maximoff, graduated top of her class then went into under cover spy work with Shield. All to protect her brother which is Iron Man.

"All I packed was a tooth brush." Bruce says sheepishly.

"You know, you should come by Stark Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land." Tony says.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem."

"It's no stress, Jolly Green!" Katie says laughing at her own joke

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." Tony says ignoring his sister. Then grabs something from his pocket.

"Tony what are you doing?-"

Suddenly, Tony pokes Banner with a miniature electric prod. As Steve walks in on them, pissed at Tony.

"OW!" Bruce says as Tony looks at him closely. Katie smacks her head in the palm of her hand sighing.

Of course, her brother would do this.

"Hey!" Steve yelled.

"Nothing?" Tony says as he played dumb.

"Are you nuts?"

"Guys can we all just calm down?"

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony says to Bruce, once again ignoring his little sister.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve says he couldn't believe this man.

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, doctor." Captain America says to the man.

"Steve, your Captain America is showing." Katherine said teasingly.

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce says with a shrug.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony says with a smirk.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark."

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? Why couldn't the oh so 'powerful' blindfolded girl handle it? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."