THE ASSASSINS

3RD POV

Flashback to 2005

Alayna met the two assassins way before any of the other avengers walked into her life, though she was way younger then probably just around 18. She was the one to offer Clint a job. She was also the only one besides Nick Fury and Natasha to know where his family is, and that he had one. He gave her the nickname 'Shadow Girl' because she can control shadows of course. He also makes jokes about her empathic abilities.

"Are you just all up in your feelings, Lunar?" Clint asked with a grin. The girl with the special blindfold was not very amused

"Now that one was so sad." Alayna said shaking her head. "I thought you could do better than this."

Alayna then fakes sighs, wipes a fake tear and walks out of the room leaving Clint shocked.

"WAIT! I CAN DO BETTER!"

She gave him the nickname Hawky and Katniss, a play on his superhero name and his actual primiss, shooting arrows everywhere like a boss.

"Now, now Hawky, is that anyway to talk to your fellow agent." Alayna said with a grin. They had just done got done with a mission and they were all exhausted. She was trying to lighten mood a little bit.

"Lunar, I told you to stop calling me that!"

Clint and Alayna were always fairly close considering she was the one who gave him the option to keep his family hidden. It was a best friend relationship much like the one he and Natasha had but, once the two met the red haired girl and they were supposed to kill her. They gave her another option, to work for shield a brand new start. Then the three were inseparable despite the age difference.

Natasha became extremely close to the girl. She called her the маленькая тень which meant 'Little Shadow' in Russian. They became like sisters in the time they were on missions and just hanging out. Nat, was extremely proud of what Alayna had become in the years she had known her. She didn't know much about the blindfold wearing girl's past, but she knew it was much like her own. Much to her demise she grew to love Alayna, as a sister. She would do anything for her. I mean anything.

The two assassins thought of Alayna or Lunar as they knew her as a little sister. Alayna thought of them as older siblings. They were one of the few, that wormed their way into her heart. What she didn't know was that she wormed her way into their hearts even the infamous Natasha and her coldness had a softness for the girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not even a year later. One of the first missions they went on, was a disaster at the most, it was supposed to be strictly recon. They were in the middle of an abandoned warehouse. Which Alayna should have honestly saw coming. When they all got ambushed by high tech missionaries, that were most likely from Hydra not that they would say so anyway. This is where all their relationships kind of clicked.

"Clint, we got one up high." Alayna said as she punched another guy in the face and tugged on his shadow and knocked him out. Natasha and the girl were bunched against a wall taking out as many guys as possible.

"On it." He said as he continued to shoot things from where he was perched on the catwalk.

"We have to get out of here soon! This place is rigged to blow up, in like 10 minutes!" Natasha yelled as she high kicked another guy in the face.

They all were surrounded in they knew that, even Clint who was on one of the cat walks above knew it. They needed a way out. Alayna knew it was going to be hard, but they had to try. She then saw it there was a window. Right by the wall they were basically standing against. Up high, but still there.