THE HULK

3RD POV

Back to 2011

Alayna was in her new apartment that she shared with her father, they got a bigger one in New York because, a one bedroom apartment. Kind of isn't enough for two people. Though it did cost a fortune it was worth it to get some down time away from everything. She had just gone through two missions one with a man who had a weaponized toaster with an oversized ego and another who had no clue what a toaster was.

She was tired to say the least, tired of everything that had been going on. She'd been through a lot these past few days maybe even months. A lot had changed, they found out that they weren't alone in the universe. Alayna found out she wasn't the only one with paranormal abilities that could make someone die with a tug on their shadow. Oh no she was the only one with that ability, she could kill someone in the blink of an eye and no one would know what had happened. It was really weighing on her not that it doesn't everyday.

Alayna sighed, she really needed to stop thinking like this. The nightmares of her head were getting worse and worse everyday. She's doing her best to stop them. But there's a darkness in her and she knows it. She also knows that there is light there to though, because you can't have a shadow without light floating in. She doesn't know it but, she is the light of many people's lives, not that she believes it.

With in the next ten minutes, she gets a call from her adopted father.

She answered.

"Alayna suit up, I have a quinjet coming to pick you up in ten."

"What for, Dad?"

"Ala, we have a code green." Her eyes widened.

"I'm on my way."

With that Alayna hanged up the phone, and basically sprinted to get ready putting on her kevlar suit that was grey and her special blindfold that allowed her to see out of it, but no one could see her eyes which she was relieved about. It's a struggle having a blindfold all the time yes, the people Alayna work with have no idea that she can see what they are doing.

With a few minutes to spare Alayna ran up the stairs to the roof of their apartment building. The quinjet was waiting for her.

"Good afternoon, Agent Lunar." Phil Coulson said with a side smile.

"Good afternoon, Coulson."

Alayna walked into the quinjet and said.

"Where are we going today?"

"Nebraska."

"He certainly picked a good place, little to no people just straight desert for miles. Not that I think it was his choice anyway I have a feeling the government placed a hand in this." Alayna said shaking her head.

"What if this doesn't work?" The pilot from the from that was driving the quinjet asked.

Alayna did not like that, he doubted her, she could feel it. She didn't like being doubted it made her feel like she wasn't good enough. Not that anyone would know that.

"And when did anything ever work for these people?" The pilot stayed silent.

"Yeah that's what I thought." Alayna retorted with a glare to the back of the pilots head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They got to Nebraska in the next few minutes.

It was chaotic to say the least, everywhere people were screaming, crying, yelling. Alayna could feel the panic in the environment.