CHAPTER 6

Alayna and Steve help Tony up and out of the lab, running down the halls of the Helicarrier, they were tipping fast, one of the engines were down. Alayna was keeping the men in front of her from falling down, while putting on her earpiece to find out what was going on. Nick Fury sits up, clutching his ribs. He puts on his earpiece.

"Hill?!"

Pandemonium erupts. Emergency alarms set off, fire extinguishers activate near surrounding fires and every agent is in a spinning scramble for their positions and armaments. Agent Hill keeps the bridge as calm as possible.

"Turn up that engine! Number 3 engine is down! Can we get a run in?" She yells, trying to find some order. She then runs over to one of her agents. "Talk to me."

"Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air. "

"We lose one more engine, we won't be." Alayna yells over comms, still running through halls with the arguing duo.

"Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine." Maria continues.

"Stark! You copy that?!" Nick says.

"I'm on it!"

"Coulson! Initiate official lock down in the detention section then get to the armory! Move out!" Nick orders.

"Be careful! Barton's men are here! I can feel them, they didn't want to be seen." Alayna yells over comms once again.

"Copy!" Phil Coulson says as he runs out the bridge, the detention center.

Tony, Steve and Alayna run through a dim, debris filled hall.

"Find engine three. I'll meet you there." Tony says Steve and Alayna peels off as Tony approaches a tech room. Inside, Tony's Iron Man suit stands waiting, lit above in all its glory.

Alayna and Steve keep running, they get to the room where Steve's suit is and they stop. Alayna takes a deep breathe, and touches Steve's face, he leans into the touch and kisses the inside of her palm, with a small smile.

"Engine three, Captain." Alayna says leaving Steve at his room, running to find her own.

Passing the many many rooms of the Helicarrier, until she stopped abruptly when she felt something. Loki had done what she had felt he would do.

"Bruce." She whispered. Alayna needed to go and she needed to go fast. She quickly got dressed in her suit, making sure she has plenty of daggers to go in her belt and shoes. She stopped for a moment with her hands on her blindfold, wondering if she would keep it on. Alayna quickly dismissed the fact, because if she stopped wearing it then everyone would be scared of her.

She then ran out of her room, and on the way to engine three. She felt the green gods emotions, he wanted this to happen she knew that, Alayna knew that Loki was trying to get rid of Shield for his future plans, she just didn't know what the plan was yet.

Fury runs in and sees the chaos has increased even more than before. The bridge was in complete disarray.

"Bring the carrier inwards and head south. Take us to the water. " Fury ordered.

"Why water? Navigation's re calibrated after the engine failure." A helmsman said.

"Is the sun coming up?!"

"Yes, sir."

"Then put it on the left! Get us over water! One more turbine goes down and we drop." Nick Fury exasperatedly.

Steve and Alayna showed up at the engine, pushing with all their strength the door to portside, seeing Shield tech in full oxygen masks shoot fire extinguishers and covered in sparks -- largely unable to do anything. Engine 3 is totally dead, as the Helicarrier started tipping more. A large chunk of the port side in torn off. Wind filling the space almost instantly.