Part fifty-three

Similar to Meg's outfit ^^

"We may still have time, we might still get by."
"Everytime I think about it, I want to cry."

"Nowhere to breathe easy, no time being young."

"Crazy on you."

Harry

"I know, I don't wanna talk about it. It's Indie's night. She does everything for me, and I'm not gonna ruin it because problems like to follow me around like a lost puppy." She fixes her hair in the mirror, framing the pieces while looking back at me. I could tell a lot was on her mind, with the former news haunting. It had been a week since she told me she walked in on Florian and her father. And ever since then she's been aloof, more than what's normal for her.

I didn't question it, nor did I want to press on the subject. But I couldn't help but smile knowing that I got dirt on him. It's fucked up. I know. Though it was a shield of sorts for his blackmail. It felt sticky and bad using it like that, especially when Meg trusted me enough to tell me in the first place. It wasn't like she'd gone around shouting to the whole world that her father is a cheater.

I watch tentatively as she runs a comb through her hair, staring back at me through the reflection of the mirror. "You should be celebrating tonight babe, six months is a huge achievement." She sighs off my words, gulping them away with notion. Meg was never one to admit she needed a break, leading with the idea she way too damn hard on herself.

An unsteady smile peeks into her face, eyes that held secrets gazing back at me. "You said that at five months." She says it like it's a challenge, smug apprehension made an appearance.

"Each month is more impressive. I'm proud of you." Her bashful eyes flick down to the sink, the smile depleting slowly. As if she said 'Yeah-yeah.' that it wasn't as big a deal as it was. I knew, more than anyone, that her being six months sober was a huge deal. Something to scream out loud from the rooftops. She was actively fighting her demons, while I hid from mine like a coward.

"We can celebrate later..."

My breath combats the crippling guilt, tonight wasn't the night to tell her. Fuck. I didn't know when the right time would be, just that it wasn't currently. I didn't need her to hate me right now. And I knew once I did tell her there was a chance it could change everything between us. All the trust- gone as if it never existed in the first place. The fact we were in a good state didn't help my whole honesty case, she was comfortable with me. One of the most reclusive and solitary girls in the world was open with— me. It felt like years to get to this point between us, and now telling her was risking it all.

My eyes zone back in, retreating from the floor where they met back with hers. Focused contortion taking over her face, I got lost again. This time admiring the renaissance painting that was her stunning face. The faint freckles that sprinkled her nose like sifted sugar on a pastry. Her eyes looked just like her mum's with the addition of her father.

"I just want to spend tonight not thinking about my sperm donor or my sobriety. One night. And I'm sure Indie doesn't want to talk about the fact Florian's fucking my father..." She got sidetracked easily into the thing she was avoiding, it was all that was on her mind.

With a deep extolling breath she bits her lip with pondering, straying away from the tender look I wanted to give her.

"You know, I thought it was just some guardian-like, fatherly-son bond. I didn't think they were sucking each other off." Meg mutters, it almost resembles a joke or self-deprecation. But I know her well enough to hear the hurt in her voice. A tinge of sorrow flashing over her face and then leaving at the speed of light as she chokes it back under the surface.