Part fifty-eight

Comment and vote my loves <3

"Baby Love, my baby love."

"I need you, oh I need you."

"Break my heart and leave me sad."
"Tell me, what did I do wrong?"

Magnolia

— -

My heart fluttered as I looked through the huge encasing windows, skipping beats in my chest. A disastrous coping mechanism for my worried conscience. I directed Harry closer to the doors, holding onto his arm while he followed after me wearily, gripping my wrist like I was leading him off a cliff. He was all 'big man on campus' until he's doesn't have his eyesight- now- a scared kitten was the way to describe him. Like come on, does he really think I'm up to something so devious, my surprise was anything less than heartfelt.

I just hoped he liked it, that it wasn't too much.

A muffed huff comes from between his peach lips, I rolled on my hill to keep near his slugging body. Normally I'd have to sprint to keep up with him and his long legs, now he was the one dragging his feet. Pouting because he wasn't the one fully in control of the situation.

If he doesn't like this then I can't imagine how he's gonna react to what I have planned for tonight. I'm gonna hand his little teasing ladies man ass right back. Hopefully, he'll leave with the realization that two can play a game.

"Can I see now?" His lowered voice forms a sort of grainy whine, I sigh exasperatingly in response. Taking a deep breath for the sake of my welling throat.

I continue to walk us down the pavement, flicking my head around, then fixating on the prize at hand. "You've asked that about two dozen times," I point out the obvious, clearly unamusing since he scoffed at my words. Boy, sometimes I forgot how sassy he could be. But I had no right to judge considering I did the exact shit. The majority of the time it was unwarranted, who knew? Growing up with consistent praising and privilege made you an automatic bitch— one of the various toxic things I'm still having to unlearn blossoming into adulthood.

"And each time you haven't answered me." He sneers, yet the bandana and his curls billowing out oppose the piercing sass. Right now he looked cuddly and cute, not intimidating or cheeky in the slightest. I hide the smile subconsciously, though he can't see it, biting on my lip as he continues to walk in front of me.

My red converse halt at tapping the concrete, I yank him back, stopping because we had arrived. There it stood right in front of us. A pretty wooden sign with red cursive lettering, huge floor to ceiling windows that looked into the bright area. Complete tease with what was on the inside.

"Okay grumpy, you can take it off." I watch his face timidly, ripping the inside of my cheeks to shreds with unrest. He unties the scarf enclosing his green eyes, peeling it off in one quick motion. I wait, his expression emotionless as his pupils adjust themselves to the bright surrounding.

With the time that ticks on I begin to get more unsettled, hoping this didn't cross the line. Figured, he brought this up in confidence, when we were both highly vulnerable. Maybe this was too much, and I should've just spent today at the beach with him. No, if he's not up to it we can just leave. Stop overthinking this.

"Tada." My voice cracks, enthusiastic and bleak. His eyes glued to the building in front of us, gawking when I observe the puffing of his lips fall agape.

My mind runs circles watching his side profile, and it felt as though hours passed with the lack of talk or even breathing.

The pit grew deeper in my abdomen, spiraling out of control at the sight of his avoidance. A blackhole of perspiring worry and doubt overtake me.