Part fourteen

Harry

— -

I push through the crowd of people, grimacing. I should've known Niall was gonna go haywire with inviting people. Only a few weeks back in town and a whole fucking parade is roaming Rory's cabin. And seeing as though the person I wanted to see the most was MIA I wasn't in the best mood.

My hand wanders the table with alcohol, sneering at the cans of shit-tasting cheap beer tossed around. I mean could I blame her for not coming, I knew my whole asshole-ish antic last week was probably the reason for her flaking. God Harry, why are you so dumb? If I'm being honest I just wanted her to like me, whatever that meant. But then my big mouth gets in the way, feeling the need to say something rude and bitter.

I don't even try to conceal the bad mood I'm in, pushing people away from me purposefully. I mean I hated birthdays for this exact reason, over the top-ness. People pretending to give a shit just for the free booze. I had this party so I could ignore the mushy aspects of the ideal birthday projection society loves to place on us.

Rory comes up from behind me, shoving me playfully. "Harry!" He booms obviously not sober.

"What," I say in a sing-songy voice, whining like a toddler.

"Guess who just walked through the front doors!" He sounds like a giggling schoolgirl, annoying in my ears.

"Who? One of your hookups? The pizza guy, I'm at a loss here buddy." I spew sarcastically.

"Nope, the ice ballerina..." He grins a full teeth smile, biting his lip with awfully raised brows. "Cool," I play it off, finding it hard not to break into a genuine smile.

"Oh, fuck off!" He hollers, unsatisfied by my reaction. "I know you're more excited than that!"

"Yeah, excited to pester her and Indie.." I keep my cool, throwing the shades keeping my curls back, over my eyes.

"Yep okay, Mr sultry vampire boy..." I roll my eyes under the sunnies, huffing out a breath.

I snatch one of the red solo cups with rum and coke, sauntering over to the main area in a collected fashion. Trudging down the main staircase. Meg catches my eye, smiling with Indie towards the doors. They're conversing with some guy in a Freddy Kruger costume. My eyes track her, seeing her open white dress shirt displaying her tits in a black laced bra. I dart my eyes away.

Walking over to chat with them, her expression changes slightly with a glance at me. She nods her head, subtlety depleting the goofy grin before. I shot them a full-dimpled smile, cheering my cup towards their direction.

"Y'all came!" I greet, holding my hands out.

"We came," Meg says lower. "You didn't think we'd flake on you did you now?" Indie smirks, holding up the mostly filled bottle of vodka. I can't help but stare at Magnolia, she looked... stunning.

"You kids have fun, I have business to attend too!" Indie says ominously, prancing off through the crowd of alcohol-induced adolescents.

"Hmm," "I thought you'd come as Shelby from Steel Magnolia." I joke looking over her costume.

"Too obvious, plus I'm not eighty." She grins "I thought you'd come as Jason Vorhees or something.."

"Naw, plus." I mock her voice "There's gotta be at least two guys with that same costume, I'm not a basic Betty." I prot. Taking a long drawn out drink from the cup.

"Huh," She says bobbing her head.

"I had to come as Mia, was only fitting, though Garth from Wayne's World was very tempting..."