Part thirty-four

Comment & vote loves!

***

Indie

Meg was positively beaming, glowing with a slight sheen of happiness. The setting was comfortable for her, me on the other hand not so much. I wasn't used to dressing up for events like these, wearing a nice gown. This place is a posh as hell, right in the center of the lively downtown, huge with old architecture. I assumed it was a hall for performances that they rented out of this, high crown molding ceilings, chandeliers, and spotless white table cloths. Not even the most stunning five star restaurant could compete.

I sat at one of the many fancy tables, glancing at Meg who was greeting the guests of the party, pulling on her fake smile. I could tell she wasn't having it, that she just wanted to hang out with me at the table. But she hid it well, masking with the fact she was beyond happy her mom decided to show to this thing. Or more accurately her father let her mom attend.

The bitter sparkling water hits the tip of my tongue, I choke it back quickly when I see Niall come into my line of vision.

"Indigo," He greets with a big daunting smile, almost deviously. Like he'd been plotting. "Niall," I grin back, patting the seat next to me. He seats himself, properly fixing his suit jacket.

"You look drop dead gorgeous, didn't think I'd get to see you out of the thick black eye-liner and t-shirts." I simper at his words, raising my brows playfully. "I had to make it interesting, switch it up on you." Niall grins at my challenging manner that matched his, we were on the same wavelength.

"You know it's a shame I couldn't drive you here, you robbed me of the privilege of being your personal shofer." I scoff loudly, swatting at him like he was a dog.

"Well, I had to help Meg get ready. And I'm not gonna ditch my best friend for some boy." His face pulls into a fake frown, he tries further. Pouting while puffing his lips like a buffoon.

"Some boy, that stings." "Oh, whatever." My sass fights, Niall shrugs his shoulders desteemedly, rollings his bright blue eyes with favor.

I take a sip from my drink again, checking with my eyes on Meg. She is chattering with some red-head and Louis is standing beside her. Quite honestly I think he took the whole escort thing a little too literally considering he hasn't really left her side the entire night. Or maybe that's how normal rich people are. Shesh, I wouldn't know.

Niall noticed my staring, darting his eyes from me to Meg on the other side of the room, he waited. Just until I break my contact and look at him instead. "So what's the 411? Why is Harry acting weird." I huff out a breath, rolling my eyes at the thought. 'Oh! Maybe, I don't know because he's a self-obsessed twat.' One that tore a hole in Meg's heart.

I keep my disdain for the situation buried, pressing further for information. "What do you mean? You spill, I spill." I wouldn't just tell Niall straight out what happened, with me and with Meg's business I was gonna be bleak. Though I'm super nosy and can't help myself.

"No, he's highly distraught, he's a stress baker right? Yeah, Thursday night I come home and there's a five tier, yeah five tier cake just sitting on one of the counters. Like professionally decorated, fully homemade and shit." Now I'm intrigued, you know even with this news I highly doubt he's gonna apologize. Or maybe he'll be a pussy like last time and just have Rory take her the cake.

"He's been possessed by the Pillsbury dough boy, seriously it's become a problem." Niall chatters on, unknowingly spilling the beans to me.

"One word, Guilt. He said some hurtful things to Meg and I guess now he's facing his actions."