Part nineteen

This chapter's longer than normal, hope y'all like it!

***

Magnolia

I lay awake, drowning carelessly in my thoughts. Harassing myself to the point of zoning out. Not only does my heart hurt but my body as well, aching. Screaming at me for the accounts of last night. Things I couldn't avoid, even if I tried to.

But anger was better than wallowing, fuming was better than being a mopey mess. I never did like being weak, not when I was little and not now. And showing some form of hurt for what happened was a weakness.

Did I have the right to be upset? Or am I just being a crazy person?

Indie's apartment is cold, with a lack of heating and with my presence. It was midday, later than midday and I was still in bed. She was passed out next to me, snoring like a banshee with a deviated septum. I huff out a breath, suffocating myself in the plethora of pillows. Nuzzling right into the warmth of the sheets.

The flurries that'd usually draw me in were pushing me away, or I was pushing them away. Even so, the sense of home they gave me was gone, just a blank void yearning to be filled.

Oh, enough with the dramatics...

I wince at the buzz beside me, the vibration of my beckoning phone. It taunts me, passing directly into my aching head. Being up for hours didn't help my hangover and neither did whoever decided they wanted to bug me.

I roll over on my side, huffing. Reaching over to my phone that was on the floor. My hand stretches as far as it can muster, then when I realize it's no use, I'm not a fucking gymnast I shuffle up. Snatching my phone with sass and jumping straight back into the cave of comfort.

With exhausted eyes I gaze at the caller, rolling them deeply. What the hell does she want? It's my day off..

"Hello," I answer, trying not to sound as hungover as I was.

"Meg!" She exclaims, a little too cheerful for my mood. "What's up." Is all I can muster to say. "Are you not coming into practice?" She beams, I can practically see her white-teeth grin through the phone.

"What're you talking about? It's Saturday Lei.." I trail off.

"Oh, your father didn't tell you?" She drops her tone. "Tell me what?" I mumble blankly, racking my brain.

"He called me the other day and said from now on you'll have practice on Saturdays as well.." She sounds distressed, but I couldn't care less.

"He what now?" I say frustrated, already annoyed by the accounts of yesterday. "He told me you'll be practicing on Saturdays now... you didn't know." Lei ports, repeating her words.

"This is the first I'm hearing of it." I groan, being snippy.
What the fuck did he do now?

"Well, you gotta come in... He insisted you-"

"Fuck that, can y'all give me a damn break!" I flare, cutting her off.

"I have one day off. One fucking day! Plus I'm hungover so there's no way in hell I'll be on the ice today." My tone rises then falls when I realize the harshness in my voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry-" She pauses "Wait...  you're hungover? Meg are you us-"

"No!" I snap, talking over her again.

"I'm not! Why does everybody insist on asking me that... you people have no chill."

"But Meg if you-" She starts again not giving up.