𝟙𝟛. 𝕊𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕫𝕚𝕟𝕘

------

cw: - language - dating violence - slut shaming -

------

A month goes by.

I come to accept the fact that Ravenclaw isn't going to win the cup this year. 

I'm happy. 

I tell myself I'm happy. 

Russell's really nice to me; it's hard to think that he would actually hurt me. There's a voice in my head, reminding me that he did hurt me, but it's easier just to ignore it. 

The more I think about it, the less I think it's a problem. He was right; I'm a hypocrite and I can be a bit of a bitch. 

I know we'll lose against Gryffindor, but I find myself not wanting to go down without a fight. Therefore, we train our hardest.

The O.W.L. exams are coming up in June. Classes start getting even harder than before (which I thought was impossible) 

Russell helps me study in the common room. He's much smarter than me. 

Of course, Russell's study help doesn't come for free. He always wants to snog me after our study sessions, claiming I owe him. 

Yeah, sometimes a little bit of snogging is nice, but not when he's constantly all over me like a leech. 

One night, at the end of March, I bring it up to him while we're in an empty classroom together. 

"Russell, I don't know if I want to do this right now." 

"You don't know? Well, why don't we find out," he grins. 

"I mean, I'm getting really exhausted from all this. I kind of want to just go to bed." 

"I'll join you there," he suggests, still not getting it. 

"Remember what I said about boundaries?" 

"Boundaries? Oh- Laurie, you're still not on about that, are you? That was months ago." 

"I don't want to do this right now," I throw my hands up. 

"Well, you owe me," he says, pulling me closer. 

"Can't it wait until later?" 

"I want you right now," he breathes into my ear. 

I move his hand away from my hip and place it on my shoulder. 

"Please," he smiles, putting his hand back on my hip. 

I sigh, not wanting to start a fight. "Alright, fine." 

He grins and kisses me again. "I love you, Laurie Parker."

---

The next day at quidditch practice, I find myself feeling more annoyed with Russell than usual.

After we practice a few points, I call the team back down to the ground. 

"Fawley-" I say, looking at Russell. "You've got to be more on point when you send the bludgers flying. The more the Gryffindors have to dodge us, the better." 

"Yeah, mate, you make me hit almost all of the bludgers," Kenneth Clint nods. 

"What? No way. C'mon, love, you're only saying that because-" he says, starting to put an arm around my shoulder. 

I push his arm off. "No, I'm saying it because we need to be better if we're gonna beat Gryffindor." 

"Just 'cause you snog her every other hour doesn't mean you get special treatment at practice," laughs Roger Davies.