𝟚𝟘. 𝕐𝕖𝕥 𝔸𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣

------

The first week of term is alright. 

My OWL results from last Summer let me continue in NEWT level Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Charms, and Transfiguration. They're less classes than my Ravenclaw peers are taking, but I'm looking forward to not having lots of work to do this year. 

All the Ravenclaws in my year only have afternoon classes on Friday, so we all decide to sleep over in the boys' dormitory Thursday night. 

We sneak through the nearly deserted common room and up to the boy's dormitories. Jacob, as always, lets us in. 

It's a bit of a shock to see four beds in there instead of five, but my attention is quickly brought to a bulky record player sitting on Clancy's bed. 

"What's that?" Penelope asks. 

"Oh- I got it for my birthday." 

"Ancient, isn't it?" I grin, walking over to it and fiddling with the needle stick. 

"Well, nothing else would work here, would it?" he says, digging through his trunk and pulling out an album, "The Queen is Dead", by The Smiths. 

"Clancy went through an enlightenment over the Summer and now he listens to The Smiths and wears Doc Martens," Benjamin says.

"Yes, all of the women love him now," Dougal grins. 

"You're just jealous," Clancy hits him before setting the needle on the record. 

"Of you or of the women?" he jokes. 

"Aren't your parents both wizards?" Patty asks. 

"Well, yeah, but my Mum's muggleborn, so she knows all about this stuff." 

"Did you lot do any of the homework Lockheart assigned?" Penny asks. 

"Oh, please- read one of his books and write a paper about his best qualities?" I snort. 

"Don't tell me you did it-" Jacob grins. 

"Well, I don't want to fail!" Penny says. 

"Oh my god, she fancies him," Patty shakes her head. 

"I do not!" 

"Yeah, she's got a boyfriend now," I smirk. 

"No I haven't!" 

I give her a look. 

"Okay, yes I have," she blushes. 

"Oh my God it's not Percy-" Patty starts. 

"It's Percy," I confirm. 

"Shut up!" She laughs, throwing her pillow at me. 

"I Know It's Over" begins to play. 

"This song's quite depressing, isn't it," Dougal says, looking at Clancy. 

"Shut up; it's poetic," Clancy says, pulling his knees to his chest on his bed. 

"I do quite like this one," Eleanor smiles at Clancy. 

"You should play the bigmouth song," I say. 

"Patience, Laurie, that's not 'till track 6," Clancy says, pompously. 

"Did you lot know that Laurie thinks Day Tripper is the best Beatles song?" Penny asks. 

There's an uproar from my friends. "Oh Merlin, not this again," I roll my eyes, laughing. 

"Day Tripper?" Dougal shakes his head.