𝟜𝟛. 𝔾𝕖𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕒

------

------

As autumn continues, the air gets colder and crisper. 

One night, right after quidditch practice, I'm showering in the locker rooms on the East side of the field. 

"Oi, Parker?" a voice calls out. 

"Yeah?" I respond, massaging soap into my scalp. 

"It's Oliver." 

"What are you doing in here?" 

"About to start quidditch practice." 

"Is the rest of your team in the other locker room?" I ask. 

"Yeah," he nods. "Where's the rest of your team?" 

"I had to stay on the pitch a bit longer to wrestle some bludgers." 

"I could've helped you with that." 

"I had it under control," I smile. "You still haven't explained why you're in here." 

"Do you want me to leave?" 

I smile at my feet, "Not particularly." 

"Are you almost done showering?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"I just wanted to say hi." 

"You can say hi right now." 

"I want to see you." 

"Well, give me a minute." 

"I'm a patient bloke." 

"Are you?" 

"Yes, very." 

I turn off my water and wrap a towel around myself, pulling aside the curtain. 

Oliver is leaning against the sinks, grinning. 

"Hi!" 

"Hello," I grin, running my fingers through my hair in the mirror. 

"Do you know what I think we should do?" 

"What do you think we should do?" 

"I think we should skip quidditch practice." 

"My quidditch practice is over." 

"You should hang out with me while I skip quidditch practice, then." 

"Who are you and what have you done with Oliver Wood?" I grin. 

"Come on," he laughs, poking me in the side. 

"You know your team is just going to go back to the Castle; it's Saturday evening." 

"I think that'd be okay." He wraps his arms around me and nestles his head in the crook of my neck. 

"They're going to think that you've been murdered or something." 

"They can mourn." 

"Wood, you are so stubborn," I grin, turning around and intertwining my fingers in his hair. 

"Only for you." 

------

"Parker, what on Earth happened to your neck?" Roger Davies asks as we change into our quidditch robes in the locker room the next day. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask, feeling my face go red as I struggle to pull my robes over my head. "It's probably just bruises from a bludger or something." 

"Is that 'something' named Oliver Wood?" Cho grins. 

I punch her lightly in the arm and laugh. "I'll kick you off the team." 

"How else would you get marks like that all over your neck?" 

"I bet he's got them, too," Lillian smirks. 

"You are all insufferable," I shake my head, laughing. "I want you on the pitch in less than 2 minutes." 

------

The Ravenclaw Halloween Masquerade Ball approaches, and the usual buzz about who's asking who starts to circulate through the castle. 

I find myself as one of the main planners, along with my fellow 7th year Ravenclaws. It takes a lot more work than I thought it would. 

I don't even think about having a date to the dance until Oliver asks me. Of course, I say yes. 

The dance comes up very quickly. Before I know it, I'm doing my makeup to get ready for the party. 

The usual chatter goes around- Patty thinks she'll get kissed tonight, Penelope's being aloof about what her and Percy are going to get up to, and Eleanor is as quiet as ever. 

My roommates are still shocked by the news of me and Oliver making it official. They love to tease me about it every chance they get. I don't think they understand that it doesn't embarrass me anymore, though. 

I finish doing my hair and then head to the Room of Requirement to help with any last-minute preparations. The room looks great- there are stars floating all around the room, casting a dazzling blue light across all surfaces. 

Once everything is ready, I go to the statue where I told Oliver I'd meet him. He's waiting there, a single red rose in his hands. 

I grin and walk up to him. "Where's your mask?" I ask. 

"Oh- right," he nods, pulling it out of his pocket. 

"Much better," I grin. 

He hands me the rose. "Shall we go?" he asks, offering his arm. 

I smile and take it. "Yes, we shall." 

We get to the room. There aren't very many people there yet, but it's already quite something. 

I made sure that there would be good music put on the playlist for tonight. I also tried to ban The Beatles, but none of my classmates would hear of it. 

The first slow song of the night starts playing. Oliver pulls me out to the dance floor and wraps his arms around my waist. 

"You look very beautiful," he smiles, looking down at me.

"You don't look too shabby yourself," I grin, pulling his chin down for a quick peck on the lips. 

"I hope that's not the only kiss I get tonight." 

"Oh, don't worry; it won't be." 

The night goes on. I'm having a lot of fun; it turns out all of the stress of planning this thing was definitely worthwhile.

Then, someone runs into the room and starts shouting. It's hard to hear what they're saying. Something about someone being in the castle. 

They cut the music, and then it's much easier to hear what they're yelling. 

"Sirius Black is in the castle! He's here!" 

------

AN: hey guys!! it's been a minute; i've been very busy lately with all my classes and extracurriculars. december will probably be less busy for me, so expect more frequent updates from now on!

------