𝟙𝟟. 𝕊𝕚𝕩 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕤

------

"Have you got everything?" my mum asks, messing with my hair. 

"Yeah, I'm all good to go." 

"Be careful- don't talk to any strangers." 

"I won't." 

"Don't spend all your money."

"Right."

"Don't get lost."

"I won't."

"Don't kiss any boys." 

I laugh. "Thanks, Mum, I've gotta go soon." 

"Right," she nods and hugs me. "I can't believe I'm letting you go to Manchester by yourself..."

"I'm not gonna be by myself," I remind her.

"Yes, yes," she says, adjusting my purse on my shoulder. "Alright. I love you. Have fun." 

"Love you too, mum," I say, hugging her before I walk out the door and stick my wand arm in the street. 

Shortly, a tall purple bus zooms up to me. I glance behind me to see Joyce practically vibrating with excitement, watching from the living room window. I grin and wave at her before boarding the bus. 

Penelope and Candace are already there, sitting towards the back. "Hullo!" I say, walking up to them. 

"I think the bus is going to Ambria next, then Percy, then Oliver," Penelope says, making room for me on one of the plushy couches. 

"Lovely," I smile. "My mum practically had an aneurysm saying goodbye to me, like I'm going off to war."

"Well, everyone knows, shopping in Manchester can be quite dangerous," Candace nods. 

"Right, its not like she sends me off to Scotland for 10 months every year," I grin. 

"I like your mum, she's very lovely," Penelope says serenely. 

"Yes, she is," I nod. "Oh! I didn't have the chance to tell you lot- Joyce got her letter yesterday." 

"No way!" Candace shouts, earning many dirty looks from various elderly women. "That's amazing! A right gem, your little sister." 

"She was super happy to get it," I nod. 

"Do you think she'll be in Ravenclaw?" Penny asks. 

I shrug. "I honestly have no idea. The sorting hat confuses me." 

"Well, no matter what house she's in, she'll have a 6th year looking out for her." 

"What about Gryffindor?" I ask. 

"Percy and Oliver, duh," Penny says. 

I roll my eyes. "If Joyce has Percy looking out for her, she'll turn out to be a no-fun goody two shoes." 

"I dunno, judging by some of the letters that Penny's gotten from him-" Candace starts, but gets cut off when Penelope smacks her with her book. 

"I knew it was stupid of me to let you read those!" Penny says shaking her head and laughing. "He didn't even say anything scandalous!" 

"Oh, Penny, your eyes are like dark, sweet, honey on a summer's day-" I mock, putting the back of my hand on my forehead. 

"Shut up!" She laughs, hitting me with the book this time. 

Just then, Ambria gets on the bus and rushes to our back corner. "Hi!" she grins, carrying a wicker purse rattling with coins. 

"How's your morning going?" I ask.