𝟙𝟘. 𝔾𝕒𝕤𝕝𝕚𝕥 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕤

------

TW: manipulation (gaslighting) 

------

Russell is really happy to see me on the day we ride the train back to Hogwarts. He wraps his arms around me and kisses me a bit more passionately than would be appropriate for public. 

I push him off, blushing and trying not to make it too awkward. "Russell, what're you doing?" I ask.

"I missed you," he grins, going back in for another kiss. 

"I'd rather we don't do this in front of the whole school," I lightly push him away and grab his hand, hurrying to onto the train and in a compartment before he tries to kiss me again. "Where did Penelope go?"

"Oh, she's probably in a compartment with your other friends," Russell waves it off. 

"Why aren't you with the boys?" 

"Like I said, I missed you," he grins, putting his hand on my knee. 

I laugh nervously.

Russell closes the curtains and locks the door. "So- did you like the bracelet I gave you?"

I pull up my sweater sleeve and smile, showing him the bracelet on my wrist. "It's really nice, thank you." 

He grins and pulls the bottom of my chin in for a kiss. 

One kiss soon turns into many, and before I know it, I'm full-on snogging Russell. 

I break away, panting for air. 

"What was that?"

"I don't really want to do this right now." 

"What do you mean?" he asks, rubbing his thumb on my knee

I look in his eyes. "I don't know... I just don't feel like it," I look away. 

"I haven't seen you in 3 weeks, Laurie," he pouts, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

"Can't it wait until tonight or tomorrow?" I ask, taking his hand off my knee and interlacing my fingers with it. 

"Why not now?" 

"We're on the train, Russell!" 

"We don't get to Hogwarts for a few hours," he smirks. 

I sigh and look away. "God, Russell, I wish you'd respect my boundaries." 

"What're you talking about?" 

"You never let me say no." 

"I don't know what you're on about. I always respect you." 

"No you don't!" I say, running my fingers through my hair. 

Russell grabs my wrists, rather roughly. "Hey- I respect you, okay? Don't ever think I don't." 

I nod and pull my wrists out of his grip, folding my arms and looking away. 

"Hey? Laurie?" He puts a hand back on my shoulder.

I look down at my hands and ignore him. 

"I'm sorry I got a bit cross with you," he says in an apologetic voice. "But- it's only fair, right," he nudges me and chuckles. "When you get cross with me, I'll reciprocate the feeling." 

I roll my eyes, smiling a bit. "Fine." 

"So- what do you say we meet in the prefect's bathroom tonight at midnight?" he takes my hand. 

"The prefect's bathroom?" 

"It's my compromise." 

I sigh. "Alright, I'll meet you in the common room at eleven forty-five."