𝟚𝟟. 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

------

hey besties !! this took a while to get up cause i've got some writers block lol. anyways i might speed through this school year just a little cause the interesting stuff is gonna happen more towards the summer 

(dont worry guys they're gonna k*ss soon just be patient)

------

"This feels wrong." 

"I want to support our friends!" 

"Oliver's alright, but I'd never wear Gryffindor stuff for him," I laugh, shaking my head at Penelope. 

"No, just do it! He'd love it a lot." 

"I'm not painting my face Gryffindor colors!" 

"You're so prideful,"Penny grins, shaking her head. 

"Well, yeah, I'm not going to put aside all my house spirit for a man!" 

"My God," Penny laughs. 

"It's pouring out there, so the paint'll wash off anyways," I say, pulling on a jacket. 

The Gryffindor vs Slytherin quidditch match starts in 45 minutes. 

The rain is coming down hard, but I highly doubt they'll cancel the match. 

Penelope wants us to sit with the Gryffindors. I really don't want to, but it seems like I don't have much of a choice. She seems much more invested in this quidditch game than I am. 

We make our way down to the quidditch pitch in the pouring rain, trying (and failing) not to get soaked to the bone. 

Percy waves us over from where he's standing in a sea of red and gold. I feel very out of place here, but, since I have to either support a team led by Oliver Wood or Marcus Flint, I obviously am inclined to the Gryffindors. 

"Your face paint!" Percy grins, hugging Penelope. 

"I know! Isn't it wicked!" she smiles, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to face Percy. "I tried to get Laurie to wear it, but she didn't want to." 

Percy tuts, "C'mon, Parker." 

"I don't know why Penny's just decided to become a Gryffindor," I grin, crossing my arms. 

A small hand wraps around my arm, shaking it. I turn to see Joyce standing there, bundled up in a million scarves and hats. 

"Laurie!" she shouts, attaching herself around my midsection. "I've not spoken to you in a while!" 

"Alright, Joyce?" I grin. "Warm enough?" 

"Yeah! Ginny gave me some of her mum's knitted scarves; she said she didn't want to wear them, but I think they're lovely!" 

"Ginny's not wearing her scarf?" Percy frowns, listening in. 

Joyce just shrugs Percy off, continuing her conversation with me. "Professor Flitwick said I have a knack for charms. Can you believe it!? I bet I'll be an expert at it by the time I'm as old as you!" 

"Wow, you've got to be pretty good to impress Flitwick," I smile, nodding. 

"I know! He told me that you're good at charms, too." 

I shrug. "I'm alright." 

"I can't believe you're dating Oliver Wood," she says, her tone a bit hushed. 

"What?" 

"Yeah!" 

"Who told you that?" I ask, laughing.